terrym

Transfer/Accommodation Marmaris- Olu Deniz
My wife and I are out this summer from 10/7 until 3/8 and can't wait. Our villa in Beldibi is actually rented out for 3rd week and the two of us are looking to spend last week in Olu Deniz area as we have heard a lot of reports about how beautiful it is, if anyone can recommend accomodation or even has any ideas how to get down there as cheaply as possible. Reckon there should be public buses from Marmaris bus station even passing through Fethiye/Hisoranu where we could do the last bit by Dolmus.
Also need accommodation 10th and 11th July in Beldibi or Marmaris until other guests move out if anyone can recommend somewhere not fussed if hotel or apartment as long as not too expensive not interested in facilities we will not use just somewhere fairly central.
Any advice welcome.
Thanks

TerryM

SEXYGIRL

hI, I WAS in olu deniz last summer, i stayed at Akdeniz beach,all inclusive, very nice smallish hotel but everyone makes you welcome,i live in marmaris and olu deniz is a different class. I love it. As for marmaris what sort of accomodation are you looking for,i have lived there a long time and know everywhere.Look on Travel republic.com website all accomodation so cheap,also the Majestic olu deniz is nice,i stayed there also

I agree the Akdeniz beach Hotel is a fab hotel great staff and more improvements this year, Mario the chef is no longer there but they have a new one and I can swear his food is top notch. But Akdeniz beach hotel is this year one of the more expensive hotels in Olu Deniz.
There is the Merriment Hotel in Hisaronu where Mario and his son Jon work thats more reasonable rates and the Yel Resort in Ovacik is well rated and cheap but furthest away from Olu Deniz its next door more or less to the fab Greenland hotel but the Greenland is big and pricey but 4 star.

hope that helps in some way
Crystalclear

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
There's a regular bus service between Marmaris and Fethiye Otogar.

Dolmuses to Ovacik, Hisaronu and Oludeniz stop outside the Otogar every 10 - 15 minutes.

ChrisBobs

Hope you have got something by now Terry, as I am told by a local that August looks as if booked solid in Olu, if not overbooked!

SEXYGIRL

hI YOU SAID THE CHEF HAS MOVED TO THE MERRIMENT,DO YOU KNOW AHMET THEN ON RECEPTION,, A GOOD FRIEND OF MINE WAS WORKING AT THE AKDENIZ BEACH LAST YEAR, YES OLU DENIZ I LOVE AND AM THINKING TO MOVE OVER THERE THIS WINTER.HOPE THE INFO HELPS THE OTHER LADY.

hI YOU SAID THE CHEF HAS MOVED TO THE MERRIMENT,DO YOU KNOW AHMET THEN ON RECEPTION,, A GOOD FRIEND OF MINE WAS WORKING AT THE AKDENIZ BEACH LAST YEAR, YES OLU DENIZ I LOVE AND AM THINKING TO MOVE OVER THERE THIS WINTER.HOPE THE INFO HELPS THE OTHER LADY.

Yes I know Ahmet very well but he is not on reception anymore at Akdeniz Beach he is front office manager at the Merriment now he has been there about 4-5 weeks now. I hope that helps you to Sexygirl.

Crystalclear

terrym

Back now sorry to say and though I would let those who replied with suggestions know what we actually did.

We took the public bus from Marmaris Otogar to Fethiye Otogar. Great journey air conditioning, plenty of space for luggage, cold water to drink and refreshing lemon hand wash provided by staff on the bus and journey of approx 160 km only cost 30 ytl for the two of us ! It actually cost more for a taxi from Fethiye Otogar to the hotel in Olu Deniz a journey of only about 10 km.
The bus companies all have offices in Mamaris city centre they are actually located in the gable end of the Tansas supermarket and you can buy tickets here in advance to go all over Turkey and they will help you get to the bus station.

In Olu Deniz we stayed in the hotel Turk and could highly recommend it.
It's a small family run hotel with just 45 rooms while the rooms are typical turkish the family work very hard to make everyone feel welcome.
The daughter Lily and an employee Rambo run the front of house as their english is brilliant and they just never stop working and entertaining the guests.
Olu Deniz is a lovely spot if perhaps slightly dearer than Marmaris but then there is less competition as it is so much smaller.

Thanks to Ashley for getting us from the villa to the bus station.

Would not think twice about using public transport again, bus companies in the UK could maybe learn a thing or two.

Can't wait to get back to Beldibi.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom