Carolyn

tragic..
Sorry but I can't feel too much sympathy for anyone who takes part in what, to me at any rate, is a mindless and cruel act (I can't call it sport) involving animals.

The bulls are taunted and terrified and yet the world is surprised when they retaliate.

Sorry, rant over, but I feel there is enough horror and cruelty in the world without something as vile as this being classed as a national event attracting thousands of spectators.

spitfire

Frustrated Bolton Fan
tragic..
It is tragic for the family of the young man who died in this incident!!

However if you take part in this event you should understand there are risks involved.

The bulls must be terrified but they are only doing what comes natural to them, when they feel as though they are under threat they will attack! and as we can see with deadly consequences.

Allan

T&L

Tony & Lorraine
tragic..
We agree with everyone else, it is so unfair and cruel, we also feel sorry for the family left behind it is tragic for them.

tragic..
one up for the bulls..and about time too...how this can be called 'sport' i dont know.
İ think the spanish have some dreadful traditions using animals for their fun.
İ read once that on one holiday they brick either birds or cats up in a cocoon thing and suspend them and the 'fun' is stoning the cocoon.
wheres the EU when stuff like this is going on.
when i first came to Turkey there was a bear being trundled around the streets it was pitiful,and i objected to it and had a load of abuse from its owner..the following year the ban came in forbidding bears to be used in this way.

wheres the EU when stuff like this is going on.

Martyn

tragic..
I agree Shirley, it seems you can adhere or take anything you want from the EU so what is the point?

pineapple1

I Love Kleopatra Beach !
tragic..
I don't see anything tragic about it except for the poor bull ! Who probably lost its life too . Niether do i understand why they are even in the EU with such barbaric practices . Especialy as read somewere that Turkey must stop its barbaric practices befor it can join the EU !!!!! .... National sport ? more like a national disgrace to me
Bravo to the bull Diane

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
tragic..
What about the barbaric sports of Wife Beating, Baby Battering, Puppy Farming, Dog Fighting etc. etc that still goes on and is reported in the UK papers everyday?

Get the UK's house in order first before you complain about barbarism in other countries.

Martyn

tragic..
What about the barbaric sports of Wife Beating, Baby Battering, Puppy Farming, Dog Fighting etc. etc that still goes on and is reported in the UK papers everyday?

Get the UK's house in order first before you complain about barbarism in other countries.

Am I missing the point? Isn't the subject of the thread allowed in Spain and the ones you posted illegal? :confused: Post about baby battering etc and you'll get a response about that.

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
tragic..
OK, How does the Grand National and other steeplechases grab you then?

Almost every day of the steeplechasing season horses die or are maimed and have to be killed.

Sorry I don't use the more PC terms like "put down" or "put to sleep". They're killed, in the name of sport. As simple as that.

Alan Fidler

Ceteris paribus
tragic..
Any one stupid enough to involve themselves in this kind of event gets wht they deserve, as did this guy..
Wanted to post another pic but it didn't work... oh well.

Last edited:

Sara-666

tragic..
The people who take part in this know what they're doing, I felt sorry for the bull who ran into the brick wall as it was going round the corner, they must be terrified!

Sara

Latest Posts

Top Bottom