may

Tracing the steps of St. Nicholas in southern Turkey
Our Turkish neighbours, now our good friends took us there four years ago because they thought it was our religion. It took seckin over four hours to drive there, It was well worth it, a lovely place to see and we had our dinner in one of the little lakantas. It was a special day because our friends were so thoughtful of us to take us all that way at Christmas time.
MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL ON THE FORUM.

If you want to know more about St Nicholas try "Santa" by Jeremy Seal - an excellent read by a well respected writer. He also wrote "A Fez of the Heart" which is a compulsive read for lovers of Turkey.

He's written other books too but not about Turkey - I especially enjoyed "The Wreck at Sharp-Nose Point" about Cornish wreckers.

pineapple1

I Love Kleopatra Beach !
That brought back memories of when we were married my Hubby took me to see all these things . Right in the centre of the little town is a hudge Santa at least 20ft high . and little stalls by the church sell all kinds of religous things . I bought Holy water 5 little bottles of it for friends . It was september . I'd love to return at christmas . I'll certainly try to find those books . Thanks for this KKOB .........Diane

Latest Posts

Top Bottom