Sara-666

Touristic Land????
Does anyone know what Touristic land means?

The area we bought land in was classed as agricultural, but has now been changed to Touristic and now I am stumped, does this mean that I cannot build on it now? Or does it just change the size that I can build?

Totally confused, I have searched on here but found nothing that would answer this query, any help would be appreciated.

Cheers
Sara

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
Touristic Land????
It is land that can only be used for building tourist related buildings (such as hotels) and would generally be areas that the public has access to. I'm not sure what position you are in if it changes after you have purchased it.

Ian

chelsea boy

Dun Goat Herding!
Touristic Land????
should be worth more...touristic projects can have 45% build permission, as said above, good to build hotels, restaurants etc. beware though, you cant build anything 100 meters from the seashore.you should consult your local Imar plan.

S

Sarah

Touristic Land????
Sara, I think it means only buildings such as hotels can be built on the land. How come the land classification changed? Did you buy the land from an estate agent? If so, they should be able to offer more advice to you.

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
Touristic Land????
As Chelsea Boy says, the value is potentially increased, but only if a developer wants to buy it. On the whole, if that is not the case, it will be much harder to sell. It really depends on the location and its potential for development.
Perhaps you should consider developing it yourself.
Ian

Sara-666

Touristic Land????
Thanks guys for the advice, we originally bought the land to build our dream home on, but if the build permission goes up for touristic land I might just build a bit bigger and go into business! Always fancied being the landlady of a bed and breakfast. I'll be able to look into it more when we get there in about 6 weeks, but thanks again for your help

Sara

Sara-666

Touristic Land????
The land is between Mumcular and Bodrum, about 10 mins to Yaliciflik. No sea views of course but wonderful mountain views all around, I begrudge not being able to build a house there now and am going to look into it further when we get there. I am not one to give up easily!

Sara

Latest Posts

Top Bottom