Status
Not open for further replies.

maggie

Tourist Visa.
Can anyone please clarify; Have they heard as I have that a Tourist Visa is no longer going to be for 90 days only 30 days.!!!!

So it looks like theyre going to try to catch us all ways for the cost of living in this country.

It will certainly effect Kos tourism too as a lot of people like to do the 90 day visa run.

Hugs Maggie xxx

Yalides

Am I pretty ?
Tourist Visa.
We were in several government offices yesterday, staff had heard the same but no one was prepared to confirm or deny it.

Briand

Tourist Visa.
we heard the same rumour last year from a young turkish lad in bar one 30day visa instead of 90 days, ( if this is the case more people will have to go for Residency )
I Personally think its a rumour. ( I HOPE ? )
IS THIS THE FIRST RUMOUR FOR 2010 I DONT THINK SO.

Briand. Happy New Year To All.

Yalides

Am I pretty ?
Tourist Visa.
Having residency it doesn,t affect us and it shouldn,t affect the Tourists either. Personally we think the cost for residency is a total rip off, should be reduced by at least 70% then made compulsory for living here.

rosewall2

Tourist Visa.
I think we have heard the same rumour for the last 5 years since we have been here. Hope it's just another one as we are considering it due to the cost of the residence permit - astronomical increase and definitely not fair. Come on someone let's start a petition, don't expect it will do any good but certainly worth a try.

Maisie

Tourist Visa.
Do you think this is a knock-on from last year, when they ran out of 90 day stamps? They were putting in 30 day stamps, but noting that they were "really" 90 days? Maisie

maggie

Tourist Visa.
Well I was told as from Jan they will be 30 day visas not 90 day.

Think I will get onto Willie at the British Consulate on Monday maybe he will have up to date info.

Hugs Maggie xxx

Howell's

Tourist Visa.
maybe someone could post details of who we should email to complain about the price going up so high. If we all complain maybe they may drop it slightly..
They have had our money and want us gone if you ask me.

Tourist Visa.
I just don't get it.
Do they really want people to buy holiday homes there?
What is the point if you can only stay one month at a time?

guinevere

Tourist Visa.
it is not worth our while to only come out for 30 days at a time ,i like to come out for as many days as possible up to the 90 days .am not sure i want to go to kos every 30 days ,i might as well stay in the uk !

Yalides

Am I pretty ?
Tourist Visa.
I think we have heard the same rumour for the last 5 years since we have been here. Hope it's just another one as we are considering it due to the cost of the residence permit - astronomical increase and definitely not fair. Come on someone let's start a petition, don't expect it will do any good but certainly worth a try.

Good idea. you start the petition, We will sign.

Yalides

Am I pretty ?
Tourist Visa.
I just don't get it.
Do they really want people to buy holiday homes there?
What is the point if you can only stay one month at a time?

If you stay in a holiday home for more than one month then don,t you think its becoming more than a holiday home ?
Not trying to be a smart ass, just asking for opinions.

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
Tourist Visa.
Is there a particular period that a holiday is allowed to last then?

Not trying to be a smart ar*e. Just asking your opinion. :wink:

thingthong

Tourist Visa.
Never been able to afford to stay in our holiday home for longer than 3 weeks,got to agree with yalides ,that after 4 weeks it becomes more of a home ,than a holiday home.
Personally i think the only people who dont like the 30 day new visa ,are the one's that dont want to pay for a residency visa............just my opinion.

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
Tourist Visa.
Personally i think the only people who dont like the 30 day new visa ,are the one's that dont want to pay for a residency visa............just my opinion.

Don't forget that there are also those, on a fixed income, that can't afford to pay out that amount in one go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom