Tourist visa
If I was to drive a UK plated car to Turkey how would I be able to renew tourist visa when it expires in 3 months.I know the car will have to be removed at 6 months so that is not a problem.

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
Tourist visa
You'd either have to take the car over the border with you or surrender it for one day at a customs compound. Not all borders or ports of entry have this facility though.

Tourist visa
we had our car here a few yrs ago. you have to either take the car out with you .to eg, rhodes kos or over the border or leave it with the customs we left ours at dalalman airport at the customs was one big hassle loads paper work.we finally had to remove it out this country. never again

millilove76

millilove76
Tourist visa
When you bring your car in they will stamp in your passport that you have it, along with anyone that you bring with you in the car. When you leave the country to obtain your tourist visa, you and the occupants and the car must all leave the country together. An occupant cannot leave the country without the car. I know of someone who has 2 cheap cars and leaves 1 on Rhodes each time he renews his visa. I'm not sure how this works exactly...why dont you just buy residency?...it may be easier.

Tourist visa
they only put the car on one passport it does not effect who ever you are with. and as i said before you can leave it with the customs.even if you get residecy it still has to go out unless you deposit a bond which the customs decides how much its usually a lot more than you paid for the car.If you are staying here permanent best to buy one here.

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
Tourist visa
When you bring your car in they will stamp in your passport that you have it, along with anyone that you bring with you in the car. When you leave the country to obtain your tourist visa, you and the occupants and the car must all leave the country together. An occupant cannot leave the country without the car.

The vehicle is only noted on one person's passport. Usually the person who's name appears on the V5.

millilove76

millilove76
Tourist visa
Thats great to know. I went to Marmaris Marina for advice on bringing my car in and was told it was every occupent that had it on their passport! Didn't want to drive on my own, but have been considering it.
I can now start planning all the heavy goodies that i can bring. :roundgrin

Latest Posts

Top Bottom