bexbex

Tourist Visa question!
Hi all, I hope somebody maay have the answer to my question:
I am a British passport holder living in Holland. Could you please tell me if on
arrival at Bodrum airport I need to pay 10.00EUR (as I seem to recall the actual notice the states that this is the fee for people arriving from Holland) or do I need to pay 10.00GBP as I hold a British passport but will be arriving from Holland not Britain.

Thank you in advance. I just need to know if I need to obtain a 10.00GBP note
prior to arrival.

Kind Regards
Bex

Fendouglas

Gangless!
Tourist Visa question!
It does not matter that you are arriving from Holland (you could have flown from England via Holland) you just pay £10.00 (GBP) as you are a British Citizen

luddendenturk

The Very Fat Sailor!
Tourist Visa question!
Hello Bex

The previous posters are correct. You will need to pay £10.

However, they will accept payment in either GBP, Euros or USD.

There are notices posted to this effect. However, there is a slight financial disincentive, as they will charge you; 10GBP, 15Euro, or 20USD, as they don't give change.

So if there is any difficulty in obtaining GBP's just pay them 15Euros.

Tourist Visa question!
Hi Bex,

I am also a UK passport holder living and working in good old Nederland. You have to get a 10 pound note and give it to them with your passport to obtain your visa when entering Turkey. We arrived one time and tried to pay with Euros and were duly marched by the military police, children in tow, to an office where they eventually let us pay in Turkish Lira because we didn't have any UK notes with us. Lesson learned. It's never happened again. :roundgrin

PDM

Tourist Visa question!
I once tried to pay in Turkish Lira and was told only GBP would be accepted, had to raid the childrens pocket money that were travelling with me to pay as I had changed all my GBP's at Gatwick...!!

eddy

Tourist Visa question!
I don't know if you have to pay in pounds or in euro's but what I do know is that the costs of the visa for us as Dutch citizens have been raised 50 %, we pay 15 euro in stead of of 10 euro. This change was effected from May 1st 2009.

Last edited by a moderator:

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
Tourist Visa question!
Except at Kas. The Pasaport Polis will ONLY accept 15 Euros from British passport holders when doing the "visa run" to Meis.

Lillylilly

Ex Altinkum Resident
Tourist Visa question!
We came last week from Samos to Kusadasi and paid in Turkish Lira for our £10.00 visa.
He did ask us for 35 lire but we refused and said no its only 24 lire but in the end agreed on 25 lire each!!!! But he was nt a happy bunny!

Tourist Visa question!
Please can someone confirm or correct me on the following.

I know that a tourist visa for a UK citizen is 10 pounds.

Are 2x5pounds acceptable?
Is change given from a 20 pound note?
Can two people share a twenty pound note?

What is the procedure for visas for babies (under one year old)?

Is there a childs age below which a visa is not necessary?

We have some friends coming to stay and I cannot answer their questions re visas.

Thanks in advance

Harem

I've cliqued
Tourist Visa question!
I can only answer one of these: Can two people share a £20 note? That causes a lot of hassle (or it did many years ago when we offered a £20 for two of us). They prefer you to have £10 each.

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
Tourist Visa question!
In general it's better to have a £10 note for each passport.

Some visa desks will accept a £20 note between a couple but it's still better to have individual £10 notes.

No, most visa desks don't accept £5 notes, although someone's bound to tell you that they did at sometime.

Scottish notes are generally unacceptable, but again, someone's bound to say that they've been accepted in the past.

Even a day-old baby needs a visa.

Dellol

Tourist Visa question!
Please can someone confirm or correct me on the following.

I know that a tourist visa for a UK citizen is 10 pounds.

Are 2x5pounds acceptable?
Is change given from a 20 pound note?
Can two people share a twenty pound note?

What is the procedure for visas for babies (under one year old)?

Is there a childs age below which a visa is not necessary?

We have some friends coming to stay and I cannot answer their questions re visas.

Thanks in advance

Regardless of what the Turkish website says, I think we are aware that it can be the rules on the day, so to cover oursleves we should have:

1.Currency of passport you are holding
2.You should have exact amount, in each separate passport, as it has been known that change may not be given
3.Re ages, as far as I am aware, if you hold a passport, you must have a visa, therefore it goes for all ages.

If you follow these, then you won't be worrying something may go wrong. The last thing any of us need at the start of our trip is a run in with Turkish Custom Officers.... Better to be safe than sorry...

Tourist Visa question!
One more thought has crossed my mind.

Are babies included on parent's passport or is that old hat?

Thanks for you replies. I will pass on the information.

Dellol

Tourist Visa question!
One more thought has crossed my mind.

Are babies included on parent's passport or is that old hat?

Thanks for you replies. I will pass on the information.

Can only vouch for Ireland, where everyone has to have their own passport. You can no longer have children on a parents' passport...

waterbaby

Tourist Visa question!
A friend of mine came to Turkey 3 weeks ago with her 11 month old daughter and she had to pay the full £10 for the babies visa. So its a tenner fpr everyone regardless of age.
I know the prices of visa's vary according to which passport you carry, as does the length of your visa.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom