entropia

Tourist visa converted into work visa
Hello to all members,

I am desperate to find some answers about a serious visa matter. I already visited twice the turkish consultancy in my country as well as made many calls into lawyers and my country's embassy to Turkey but can't seem to find any STRAIGHT answer.

I entered Turkey as a tourist 4 months a go. Stayed there as a tourist while I was offered a job. After making all the applications I got my ikamet (2 weeks after I first entered) and then my work visa. I now finished my job and returned to my country after exactly 4 months.

For personal reasons I want to return as a tourist. The consults reassured me I can. What they can not tell me for sure is whether I am entitled to staying 90 days out of 180 or I should calculate the first two weeks of my staying as tourist thus I have less than 60 days to stay there.
In order to make the appropriate arrangements I would appreciate if
someone somehow knows anything about this.
Thank you!

saskin

Perhaps you can get the officials in the consulate in your country to write down the situation - to make it clear that you have been officially advised that you can return as a tourist for 90 days - it is very unlikely that anyone here knows the definitive answer and just as unlikely that all the passport police do. Without a document you would be at the mercy of their interpretation on the day.

Alternatively do not reenter Turkey until 6 months since you first came in so the first 180 days have finished

Chinook

Look at the start date on your Ikamet as if its like mine it was backdated to the day I entered on a Tourist visa effectively negating the Tourist Visa . When does/did your Ikamet run out. If still valid for the period you wish to stay you can use that. You do not say which country you are from as the procedures /costs can be different .If its run out and its the same as the UK you can presumably just enter Turkey and get a new 90/180 Tourist Visa .

Last edited:

entropia

I entered Turkey on November 15, while my ikamet writes December 1st 2012. And although there is a stamp until December 2013 I know that it was cancelled de facto once my work permit was closed. And the officials do not write me anything and can't give me straight answers. They all say the first days as tourist count but nobody is sure. I come from Greece.

Chinook

Are not Greeks like Germans and exempt from needing visas for up to 90 days travel on any one visit ?

Even if you were on a 90/180 visa there can only be some 78 days left to the end of the visa and as you still have 76 days left out of the 90 the only problem would seem to be if your projected visit overlaps the end of the 180 days necessitating you leaving and returning.

Last edited:

Sara-666

Why would they issue an ikamet until December this year then cancel it, you must have been eligible to get it until December as you say you got this before your working permit? Surely only your work permit has run out and you can still come and go on your ikamet?

Sara

entropia

Yes ındeed I do not need to obtain a touristic visa, the title is a bit misleading, but we still have the limit of staying 90 days in a period of 180. My main problem is whether on my new entry I have new 180 days or not. I think the only way to find out is ask the passport control. Just wanted to do some ahead planning but it seems impossible.

jackpeterson

You can not include those two weeks you spent there as a tourist. If you want to go there as a tourist, then you would have to apply for a visa. It will be considered as a starting point.

mupps

If your ıkamet runs out ın dec 2013,you can come and go as you please,untıl that date.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom