Leirush

Tourist residency permit - visa fee? Departure?
Hello all!

I’m so happy to a found this forum, it’s answering so many questions for me. I have an inquiry about applying for a tourist residency permit that I’m curious if anyone has a perspective on.

I’ve been in Turkey for about two months, my visa expires in about three weeks. Because coordinating a visit to my family in the US right afterwards has become a little bit complicated because of the coronavirus outbreak, I want to stay about 2 to 3 weeks after that expiration. So I was thinking to apply for a tourist residency permit. I hope to continue to spend a good deal of time in turkey, so it may be worth it for me in the future.

But, I’ve questions about two things. First, I’ve seen some description of the residency fees that talk about a visa fee needed when you do the residency application. I’m here on a valid, unexpired e-visa with a US passport. Will I have to pay that fee?

Second, I’ll obviously be leaving soon after the application. I’m not sure if it will be before or after the interview. Will this cause a problem for me to return in the future? I’m fine about losing the application and having to redo it, or re-apply for an e-visa. But I’m wondering if it will cause some problems when trying to re-enter. I think I would be able to explain honestly why I had to leave - family issues. But I’d love to get other peoples perspective first, if this seems problematic.

REDDERS

If you presently hold an evisa then you will not pay the new 'single entry fee' when making your RP application. If you make your online application & leave prior to your interview but you passed your 90 days here,then you'll pay an overstay fine on exit,but you'll then not be able to return for at last 90 days,as in accordance with Turkish visa laws.
If you leave after your interview with the İKAMET İZNİ BAŞVURU BELGESİ ÖRNEĞİ ,[proof of application/15 day travel letter] you can stay out for the 15 days only,exiting & returning showing this document . Normally you could return on a evisa if you returned after 15 days,but again you can't do this as you'd be breaking the visa laws.
As a US passport holder you don't come under the new changes,so you'll simply apply for a new evisa when returning 90+ days after previously exiting. Again, you'll not pay the new tax fee as you'll be buying an evisa.

Leirush

Thank you so much! I’ve been looking through that document but wasn’t sure I had interpreted things correctly. I will check out the Facebook group.

Leirush

Oh my lord, are you Doc Martin of the comprehensive document? Thank you so much for setting this out. I appreciate you clarifying that I won’t pay the visa fee if I have a valid e-visa. But it looks like either way, if I apply for a residency and leave for more than 15 days (either before or after interview), I am not barred from returning but I have to wait the 90 days before getting another e-visa. Is that right?

Latest Posts

Top Bottom