rosewall1

ex Bond Girl
Torba Junction
I know Chris has published the plans for Torba Junction in the Observer but I am obviously thick because I cannot quiet visualise what they have in mind, I can see from the removal of palm trees that it is going to be mega and months of work, I can follow I think that there will be an underpass on the road from Torba that goes staight across to Yali but cannot see what they have in mind for the road from the airport to Bodrum. How will this lessen the accidents. And on the subject of Torba and the water pipes when are we going to get some form of repair to the road.:car:

Pete&Mag

Torba Junction
I've never found that junction bad when travelling from the airport to Yalikavak. However, coming back from Yali to the airport ,one has to be careful about fast traffic coming down the hill.

mollag

Kipper restorer
Torba Junction
IMHO i think line of sight is too obscured by the palm trees, lovely though they are, making it difficult to anticipate what other vehicles intend to do.
Just a thought,

rosewall1

ex Bond Girl
Torba Junction
Mollag The palm trees have now been removed in anticipation of road works but these accidents were happening before they planted the palm trees.
Pete and Mag I do agree that the turning from Torba to the airport road is nasty but so is the way from Bodrum to Torba and of course if you want to come from Yali to Torba. We have seen many of the aftermarths of the accidents, one I remember had a car wrapped round a lamp post and when I say wrapped I mean wrapped. Please God this will solve the problem.

luckycat68

LOVING MY LIFE
Torba Junction
The junction is terrible with many bad accidents and fatalities - cant believe just WHY they planted the palm trees and took away the traffic lights that used to be there.?
Lets pray that whatever they do will make it more safer.

thingthong

Torba Junction
Yes with you there luckycst,its a terrible junction and the speed of cars coming from either direction down the hill can be quiet frightening.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom