starfisher

Torba - car hire/Dolmus to get to Ephesus
:roundgrinI'm arriving this Sunday for a week and would like to visit Epheseus, which I've just discovered 180kms away. Is there a Dolmus from Torba to Selcuk, which I think is the nearest town to Ephesus. If not, can anyone recommend a good car hire firm please.

Peregrine

:roundgrinI'm arriving this Sunday for a week and would like to visit Epheseus, which I've just discovered 180kms away. Is there a Dolmus from Torba to Selcuk, which I think is the nearest town to Ephesus. If not, can anyone recommend a good car hire firm please.

180 kms on the Dolmus. Thats one helluva journey

even by car its a pretty good drive - 3 hours each way?

have you considered an organised trip or stopping overnight in Selcuck? or even in Kusadasi which is only 20 minutes drive away

jeff

bayview
Its not such a bad drive if you are used to the Turkish roads. Last year we drove from Gumusluk to Ephesus then on to Pammukale, staying overnight at Pammukale before driving back. Alot of miles (about 3 hours to Ephesus) but a fairly comfortable drive. I would avoid the organised tours - you end up spending the morning at a carpet factory and then arrive at Ephesus at the same time as hundreds of other tours! PM me if you want more info. As for a car hire firm I was recommended Valley Car of Yalikavak by others on here and was impressed by them.

dngood

Hi Starfisher, and welcome to the forum.

There's a recently been an article in the Bodrum Bulletin, with tips on finding your own way to Ephesus (and Pamukkale), from Bodrum. You can view it here. There's also a good write-up on this forum in a thread by Thurstan, here.

There's also an article on car hire companies here. For recommendations for which company to use, have a look at a few threads on this forum (e.g. this one, or have a look at the Readers' Recommendation section of the Bodrum Bulletin, there are several rental companies highly recommended.

I hope this helps, enjoy your stay.

Dave.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom