dngood

Torba Artists' Exhibition at Yalıkavak Marina
This time of year there are many art exhibitions on at galleries over the peninsula, but if you're looking for some inspiring artwork to bring some colour to your white walls, then I thought I'd let you know that Torba resident, Kris Manvell has an exhibition of his artwork on show from Friday 10th July for 10 days at the Port Art Sanat Galerisi, in Yalıkavak Marina.

Kris's paintings are painted in exquisite details using beautifully bold colours, metallic paints, and large canvases.

Come and meet Kris at the exhibition opening on the 10th with cocktails from 7pm.

For more information about his artwork, have a look at his website at:
Paintings by Kris Manvell

NOTE: opening moved from 7th July to 10th July

Dave.

Last edited:

pldouglas

I always enjoy seeing the artists work on display at this annual event, there is some real talent in much of the work. It is also a very laid back atmosphere, no hassle from artists trying to sell thier stuff at all, just a very enjoyable way to spend half an hour before wandering onto the seafront for a drink. Mmmm - perfect.

dngood

FYI, the exhibition opening has moved to Friday, 10th July.

Dave.

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Aw David I got sooooo excited then not and now it looks like we'll be able to pop along for a viewing. When we there last July there was a fantastic display down the side street near to where the new shopping mall is being built and thoroughly enjoyed it, and actually bought a painting. Hopefully when we go for a stroll Saturday morning it will be on, lol

Karyn UK

I may try and get down to that, I like his work a lot, very much my sort of thing. Nice to see there are more artists exhibiting and working here.

Karyn

dngood

A couple of people have asked about directions to the gallery, it's not to be confused with the artists walk by the Belideye cafe, or the Telsim Art Cafe in the Marina.

As far as I know the Port Art Sanat Galerisi, is in Yalıkavak Marina. Go through the barrier and turn left and go past the amphitheatre and the swimming pool, it's right at the back of the shops. Don't confuse it for the Telsim Art Cafe - it's behind there.

Map: WikiMapia Map

If you can't find it, just ask someone in the marina; most staff there speak English!

Dave.

Last edited:

dngood

For those interested, Kris' exhibition opened yesterday in Yalıkavak Marina.

His artwork can be seen from the 10-20th July, Kris will be there himself from 4pm-midnight each night, working on his next painting.

If you can't make it to the exhibition, but are interested in his artwork, please feel free to contact him direct (there's a contact link on his website).

Here are some photos from the opening:
!DSC_0004_Vga_250.jpg
!DSC_0006_Vga_250.jpg

!DSC_0015_Vga_250.jpg
!DSC_0018_Vga_250.jpg

Latest Posts

Top Bottom