tomc1984

Topping up turkish phone
Someone told me I could top up my phone to keep it active online, just tried it on Turkcell website and think it worked. Not be able to tell until I am next out in turkey. Used to leave it with friends, thanks sue at Morgul Antik for doing it last time, appreciate that. Anyone else manage to top up online, I know I am supposed to be able to do it online at the bank but when I dabble online I tend to cancel direct debits by mistake!

luckycat68

LOVING MY LIFE
Topping up turkish phone
Someone told me I could top up my phone to keep it active online, just tried it on Turkcell website and think it worked. Not be able to tell until I am next out in turkey. Used to leave it with friends, thanks sue at Morgul Antik for doing it last time, appreciate that. Anyone else manage to top up online, I know I am supposed to be able to do it online at the bank but when I dabble online I tend to cancel direct debits by mistake!

You know that we will always do it for you so no need to worry !!

:48:

davs

Topping up turkish phone
Sorry Tom. I have never topped up on line but what suits me is to buy Turkcell top-up cards when out in Turkey and keep a note of the cut-off date in my diary. When the date approaches I then use the card in the UK to top up my phone. It's easy to do just by keying in a few numbers off the card and only takes a minute. You receive a confirmation text from Turkcell almost instantly and there is no need to ring Customer Services for this process. My mobile has international roaming which I believe is required for this method to work.

Reactions: GnD

tomc1984

Topping up turkish phone
You know that we will always do it for you so no need to worry !!

:48:

Thanks Sue, I always appreciate what you do and have done, always recommend anyone still in the dark to visit you and Ibrahim at Morgul Antik, you have been great, just that the more you come out the more you get to know the ropes as it were and tend to become more independent, but you MUST be the first port of call for any "newbies". Sorry we missed you when we were out, we did call by a few times but the phrase "ships that pass in the night" springs to mind. Maybe next time we are out.

luckycat68

LOVING MY LIFE
Topping up turkish phone
Thanks Sue, I always appreciate what you do and have done, always recommend anyone still in the dark to visit you and Ibrahim at Morgul Antik, you have been great, just that the more you come out the more you get to know the ropes as it were and tend to become more independent, but you MUST be the first port of call for any "newbies". Sorry we missed you when we were out, we did call by a few times but the phrase "ships that pass in the night" springs to mind. Maybe next time we are out.

Hope so !!! and THANKS :3:

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Topping up turkish phone
Hope you all had a great time Tom and family, sounds like you have. I have tried to keep my Nokia Tukcell active and joined the threads on this last year, however, what I find works for me is to use it all the year we're out, and leave it with nil credits on, on our last visit and just buy a new number (15) lira with 20 kontors, add 250 kontors and start again each year.

tomc1984

Topping up turkish phone
Sounds good, but I want to try and keep the same phone number so need to top up every 3 months.

Akbuk Rob

Topping up turkish phone
It is easy to top-up on-line, especially if using a scratch card.

If you have set up an on-line account you can check if you have successfully topped your phone up, log into your account and under “Counter Operations” select “Usage Periods”
You will see info as below:-

Usage Periods
As of 02 September 2009 , your account is, semi Active.

Kontör * Yüklememeniz durumunda

After 29.June.2009 you can still receive incoming calls but can not make any outgoing calls.
After 27.September.2009 you can not receive or make any calls.
After 27.October.2009 your account will be closed.

Below the above are some coloured boxes in a line, but if you note the 1st line - After 29.June.2009 you can still receive incoming calls but can not make any outgoing calls. The date should be 90 days from when you last topped up, so hopefully yours should say "you can make calls etc" and the top "Usage Periods" should say "Active".

The “Usage Periods” above is copied from my account ….. See how poor I am, can’t even afford to top up the mobile!

Last edited:

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Topping up turkish phone
I, like Tomc and others would like to keep my current Turkcell number active, but because my Turkish is limited, the problem I found is that most of the instructions are in Turkish, and I found it easier to buy a new number this year. I did go onto Turkcell after reading this thread today, and the online icon would not load, the kontor basket would though.

Akbuk Rob

Topping up turkish phone
You can top it up in the UK with a scratch card providing you have it set for international roaming, I have done that before.

To keep the number active just top up within 180 days of the last top-up.

To set up for international roaming and/or on-line account is easy, simply send a text, the info is on Turkcells website or I can post the info but it’s probably already on this forum somewhere.

If anyone needs help I will try.

Topping up turkish phone
I had problems with my mobile because I didn't top-up for over 3 months and had to get new number.I eventually went into my bank,GARANTI,and asked them to top-up with minimum 100 konturs every 3 months they just needed my TURKCELL mobile number and that was that.When I'm in England now I call *123# on my Turkish mobile to confirm added konturs(credit).

Last edited:

tomc1984

Topping up turkish phone
I had problems with my mobile because I did'nt top-up for over 3 months and had to get new number.I eventually went into my bank,GARANTI,and asked them to top-up with minimum 100 konturs every 3 months they just needed my TURKCELL mobile number and that was that.When I'm in England now I call *123# on my Turkish mobile to confirm added konturs(credit).

How can you call *123# from UK, all I get is "no network coverage"

Topping up turkish phone
I think this is because I have had my mobile "unlocked" so it goes onto "internetional roaming".I pick up ORANGE and VODAPHONE in South London on my Turkish mobile

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Topping up turkish phone
I think this is because I have had my mobile "unlocked" so it goes onto "internetional roaming".I pick up ORANGE and VODAPHONE in South London on my Turkish mobile

Turkcell will and does work if you have International Roaming. Most UK mobiles have international roaming, but some restrict Turkcell Sims. Am I right for those that know more than I?

waterbaby

Topping up turkish phone
Does anyone know how to get Turkcell service messages sent to you in english? i must get at least 3 a day and it gets on my wick that i miss out on all the offers they do so i end up just deleting them. iv been on their website and cant find anything. Maybe someone out there is in the know!

Topping up turkish phone
Recently bought a Vodaphone sim card Pay as You Go here in Turkey and seems to work in my uk mobile BUT what a lot of paraphonalia to get it registered. My question is can I top it up in the UK and is there any other probs that I need to be aware of?

Topping up turkish phone
Hi Everyone,
Not a dedicated phone man myself my dilemna is we were out a few weeks back and my Mrs has to have contact with UK business and with
relatives via direct calls and text she ran up a bill of over 300 quid.

I need a simple step by step guide of how to avoid a repeat of this she is out 10th of September viewing property and a similar scenario must be avoided.

Regards,

Jamie

tomc1984

Topping up turkish phone
Just managed to set up automatic top up for my turkish phone on line at garanti bank, very easy and my understanding is that because we now have 2 direct debits we will not pay charges on this one and the aydem one.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom