mollag

Kipper restorer
Top Tv
Hills , it was covered up for long time , it spread from the caribbean to San francisco / New York late 60's early 70's and onto London soon after with transatlantic air crews ( male stewards ) mainly . Of cousre at that time it was still brown suede hush puppies and underground gay lib front in London .
Steve
I heard of it first from Kenyan ex Pats, 1973'ish, rife there and known as "Slim" due to the rapid weight loss

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Top Tv
Has anyone dared to watch "It's a Sin ? Never seen so many nude young males in homosexual acts !!! Bill sat there huffing, puffing and tutting - he can't stand anything with a whiff of homosexuality. It's set in the early 1980's just at the beginning of the Aids disaster. It is very interesting but a bit too graphic, even for me !! Third episode tonight. Channel 4.
We watched it a while ago, it was very true to life. I and my mates would drink on Manchesters Canal Street before it became the pink village, full of gangsters and hard men and women, mainly gay, bi or trannies, there were only 3 or 4 pubs then, its a huge concern now, very open and buzzing, it was the start of something massive that grew very quickly, on the other side there was Chief Constable James Anderton, a true filthy bigot, still alive and had over a million £ in tax payer funded pension since retiring, so much of what is portrayed in the series I witnessed. The first guy I know who died of aids was an Asian lad I knew through the club scene he like me was total hetro, I think it grew because the city was fighting Andertons bigotry, so as I said in an earlier post I grew up with it

mollag

Kipper restorer
Top Tv
Just watched the first episode of 50M2, a quipy Turkish Drama, I am quite enjoying it, the Turkish music,language and locations are very comforting for an ex pat, looking forward to more :)

Treisy

Infrequent Visitor
Top Tv
Just watched the first episode of 50M2, a quipy Turkish Drama, I am quite enjoying it, the Turkish music,language and locations are very comforting for an ex pat, looking forward to more :)
I really enjoyed this, nice mix of comedy and drama. I’ve been watching quite a few Turkish films/series on Netflix lately as I seem to have a lot of spare time! Never enjoyed Turkish diziler much when I lived in Turkey - far too many episodes and too much censoring. The ones on Netflix are more ‘modern’. I can recommend ‘Innocent’, ‘My Mother’s Wound’ and ‘Miracle in Cell Block 7’

mollag

Kipper restorer
Top Tv
I really enjoyed this, nice mix of comedy and drama. I’ve been watching quite a few Turkish films/series on Netflix lately as I seem to have a lot of spare time! Never enjoyed Turkish diziler much when I lived in Turkey - far too many episodes and too much censoring. The ones on Netflix are more ‘modern’. I can recommend ‘Innocent’, ‘My Mother’s Wound’ and ‘Miracle in Cell Block 7’
I will hunt for them, cheers, may I recommend "Sashiyet" I saved it to rewatch later in the year again. (y)

mollag

Kipper restorer
Top Tv
This American mini series surprised me, it's not like the Yanks to be so good in the horror genre, this is well made and directed casting and acting first class despite it being a Stephen King origin. The first episode belies what is to come, it's starts slowly and ends as a runaway train, worth a "skeet" as we say over here-----The Outsider, I will watch it again. The Outsider (TV Series 2020– ) - IMDb

Top Tv
"The White Queen".

Loosely Based on Historical facts. We really loved it, a very watch. Now starting on the follow up, "The White Princess"..

8.5/10.

Top Tv
" The Terror Season 2".

Absolutely not a follow-on from The Terror season1. The general story starting off for me was good, but lost me half way thro' as I couldn't handle some of it. Starring George Takei.

6/10.

Top Tv
"Resident Alien".

I really didn't want to bother with this series, but I'm so glad I did. OK, It's Wacky but Funny, really did enjoy it, but it's not for everyone for sure.

8.5/10.

mollag

Kipper restorer
Top Tv
Unforgotten has me on the edge of my seat each episode, loving it much, only one left though. :confused:
The Irregulars, a load of tripe IMHO, I have never seen a Conan Doyle creation done so badly, I was putting up with the large amounts of mixed race characters cast in it but when Dr Watson appeared, a mixed race guy with a plucked stubble half shaved beard, well enough, I am heartily sick of the gratuitous transplanting of characters of ethnic minorities for no good reason, what next Queen Victoria as a West Indian immigrant? Thats a binner for me :( { The new drama about the troubles have cast Wesley Snipes as The Reverend Iain Paisley] :cool:

Last edited:
Top Tv
Unforgotten has me on the edge of my seat each episode, loving it much, only one left though. :confused:
The Irregulars, a load of tripe IMHO, I have never seen a Conan Doyle creation done so badly, I was putting up with the large amounts of mixed race characters cast in it but when Dr Watson appeared, a mixed race guy with a plucked stubble half shaved beard, well enough, I am heartily sick of the gratuitous transplanting of characters of ethnic minorities for no good reason, what next Queen Victoria as a West Indian immigrant? Thats a binner for me :( { The new drama about the troubles have cast Wesley Snipes as The Reverend Iain Paisley] :cool:
Totally agree, we're on Ep 3 now of Unforgotten. Irregulars total krap.

Top Tv
"Leonardo". 2021.

The title says it all really. Starring Aiden Turner (Poldark). Very good, and really good entertainment.

P.S. Heads Up.

If you're watching via an Android Box, the Leonardo that is on the 2nd page of the History genre. Is NOT the one as above, it's actually a Kids series, of the same name from an earlier year 2011, (I think).

7.5/10.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom