whirley

TomTom Satellite Navigation In Turkey
hi peeps

we have just returned from three weeks in calkaya antalya and before we left we purchased a TomTom sat nav and also a Turkish satelite map.

this made our visit and the use of our hire car an absolute pleasure, i knew which lane to be in (even though nobody else did LOL), we found places with accurate directions, knew where cash points were, fuel stops were etc.

i cannot recommend sat nav strongly enough

ooooooooh i cannot wait to return, i just love Turkey

Whirley x:director:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Leo

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
Re: satelite navigation

That's good to know.

There have recently been enquiries on this and other forums about the use of TomTom in Turkey but no-one was able to give a first hand account of it's effectiveness.

Leo

hi peeps

we have just returned from three weeks in calkaya antalya and before we left we purchased a TomTom sat nav and also a Turkish satelite map.

this made our visit and the use of our hire car an absolute pleasure, i knew which lane to be in (even though nobody else did LOL), we found places with accurate directions, knew where cash points were, fuel stops were etc.

i cannot recommend sat nav strongly enough

ooooooooh i cannot wait to return, i just love Turkey

Whirley x:director:

Excellent News !

Can you give me some idea of cost and where you purchased.

Cheers

Leo.

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive

ive used a tom tom for some time out there with no probs, you just buy a tom tom and download the maps from tom tom
martin

james fowler

Retired to Yalikavak

Hi all posted on this subject a little while ago but only put in on the Yalikavak forum (sorry) bought my map in England from the internet & found it invaluable. I do not know how to add a link but just put it in the search above & I am sure it will come up

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
Which areas of Turkey are covered and in how much detail? Do units bought in Turkey have English Language option?

Ian

someone posted that they bought latest tom tom maps from amazon a month or so back at £26 and they were well impressed as all dirt roads were listed in it as well as the finished roads.

Just look on amazon for tom tom Europe and to include Turkey

hope that helps some.

crystalclear

Latest Posts

Top Bottom