zuberdust

IM THE BESTEST :)
Toilets in Turkey...
so what do they have in them.. do the have a 'Muslim shower' next to the toilet or a lota?..... (i dont know the real name of the Muslim shower, we just call it that hahaah)

p5b.jpg

OR

Lota_pic%5B1%5D_1.jpg

they both perform the same function as a bidet found if France and more 'upmarket' home in Uk...

ChrisBobs

Toilets in Turkey...
Havent included that one in my photgraphic expeditions, Z├╝berdust!
However the pipe is in a different position - under the rim of the toilet and slanted upwards. So less than a shower- sometimes a trickle! Tap outside beside the cistern fill tap.
'Temizlik borusu' or the old Arabic name- I forget
One of my friends used to call it ' the cool surprise of the morning!
Thats in the sit down European toilets.
But in the squats - theres a plastic jug does the job of the fancy ewer you show there

zuberdust

Toilets in Turkey...
Havent included that one in my photgraphic expeditions, Z├╝berdust!
However the pipe is in a different position - under the rim of the toilet and slanted upwards. So less than a shower- sometimes a trickle! Tap outside beside the cistern fill tap.
'Temizlik borusu' or the old Arabic name- I forget
One of my friends used to call it ' the cool surprise of the morning!
Thats in the sit down European toilets.
But in the squats - theres a plastic jug does the job of the fancy ewer you show there

hehehe ... when i went to Pakistan they have the showers there and they r amazing! i get so intrigued, and the power was good! like a strong shoot, lol... my cousin had that installed into her house in the uk.... we just use a lota!
i dont understand ppl who dont wash themselved after! HOW GROSS and unhygienic! i never used a toilet outside ma home

EVELYNNE

evelynne
Toilets in Turkey...
On a holiday to Altinkum a couple of years ago we did a survey in pictures of toilets in Altinkum, the cleanliness of the toilet was the governing factor in whether we ate there or not

he he

luckycat68

LOVING MY LIFE
Toilets in Turkey...
Toilets and Kitchens -- most important of all in a restaurant - I always check the toilets and Ibrahim does the kitchens -- not clean - WE DO NOT eat there !
Walked out of many restaurants for that reason

icebern09

Fighting "The Beast"
Toilets in Turkey...
Us too, I never sit anywhere where I can see the kitchen in a strange place. And my friend and I alway's mark the toilets out of ten, anything 5 and under and we move on.

Peaceplant

Cat mad and unashamed
Toilets in Turkey...
Same here. Tells you everything about standards of hygeine going on in the kitchen if the toilets are terrible. Yugh

On the subject of bidets I wish we could get the Turkish modern toilet in the UK. Such a practical system. Wouldn't want to do it the old fashioned way though - get into such a tangle you can end up falling head first into the unknown hehe

Last edited:

Mushtaq

Founding Member
Toilets in Turkey...
On the subject of bidets I wish we could get the Turkish modern toilet in the UK. Such a practical system.

I tried to find out why they don't sell these in the UK and was told that it was due to much stricter regulations on what can be connected to the water supply, I think it's something to do with the risk of contamination to the main water supply, I'm sure a system of one way valve could be devised to reduce or eliminate the risk but, maybe there is not large enough market in the UK?

A friend of mine bought one over in cargo.

Toilets in Turkey...
Hey Zuberdust,
Here in the states they're called:
Shattaf Muslim Indian Shower; Bidet Hand Held Spray; Bathroom Sprayer;
Diaper Sprayer/Washer Bidet.
I bought a Sanicare unit for each of my bathrooms on e-bay.

Mustaq-The Sanicare units[probably others also] have a special T fitting w/backflow prevention valve to prevent contamination of your water supply.
There is also another safety feature to prevent water build-up in the shower head so it doesn't leak.

Grace

Guz1

Toilets in Turkey...
I tried to find out why they don't sell these in the UK and was told that it was due to much stricter regulations on what can be connected to the water supply, I think it's something to do with the risk of contamination to the main water supply, I'm sure a system of one way valve could be devised to reduce or eliminate the risk but, maybe there is not large enough market in the UK?

We have these bidet attachments (our family call it the bum washer) in Turkey. Is there a risk of contamination to the mains water supply in our house?

zuberdust

Toilets in Turkey...
Toilets and Kitchens -- most important of all in a restaurant - I always check the toilets and Ibrahim does the kitchens -- not clean - WE DO NOT eat there !
Walked out of many restaurants for that reason

yes i agree, i like spotless 'fancy' bathrooms in restaurants, with nice hand wash and lotion and towels! so classy hahah..
but how can u just walk into a kitchen of another establishment? do they allow that?

yeh i dont know if they sell them, but my cousin just had one installed!!! i want one.... oh welll, stick to the fancy jug for now! ahhaa

Hey Zuberdust,
Here in the states they're called:
Shattaf Muslim Indian Shower; Bidet Hand Held Spray; Bathroom Sprayer;
Diaper Sprayer/Washer Bidet.
I bought a Sanicare unit for each of my bathrooms on e-bay.

Mustaq-The Sanicare units[probably others also] have a special T fitting w/backflow prevention valve to prevent contamination of your water supply.
There is also another safety feature to prevent water build-up in the shower head so it doesn't leak.

Grace

wow thanks for giveing me the names! finally i know it..... yeh thats very good that you have had many installed! personal hygiene is so important to me.... i dont understand people who just use toilet paper!!! how disgusting!

luckycat68

LOVING MY LIFE
Toilets in Turkey...
There is no law to say that you cannot inspect a kitchen in any country - just say to the owner "" Please may I look at your kitchen "" If they are not happy about this then it"s a sure sign that the kitchen is not up to standard
Here in Turkey they are getting very strict with hygiene - we have Health & safety checks often -- which is a very good thing

zuberdust

Toilets in Turkey...
There is no law to say that you cannot inspect a kitchen in any country - just say to the owner "" Please may I look at your kitchen "" If they are not happy about this then it"s a sure sign that the kitchen is not up to standard
Here in Turkey they are getting very strict with hygiene - we have Health & safety checks often -- which is a very good thing

i thought to enter a working kitchen you would have to be dressed properly, protective clothing, i.e chefs whites, lab coat to prevent any contamination from the dirty 'outside' clothes.... its what i have been taught! hmmmm

luckycat68

LOVING MY LIFE
Toilets in Turkey...
i thought to enter a working kitchen you would have to be dressed properly, protective clothing, i.e chefs whites, lab coat to prevent any contamination from the dirty 'outside' clothes.... its what i have been taught! hmmmm

Urm ---- I didn"t say we were going to cook in their kitchen"s -- just look !!
For the record all our chefs wear whites - bonnets - etc - but we don"t class our kitchen as a " laboratory ! " LOL

Latest Posts

Top Bottom