Today's Zaman
I really try to avoid this paper.
This article is interesting mind you.
Bob

Last edited:

Squeaky

Today's Zaman
Good evening:

SuperBogs - I can understand why you would want to avoid TodayZaman.

Why let an opposing view poison your thinking!

I have always believed that to understand current affairs that one was best likely to understand it if one looked at/considered both sides of any subject therefore reading/studying the opposition was almost as important as reading the reports with which one agreed.

Cheers

Squeaky

SuperBogs

I miss you Pebble
Today's Zaman
I try to only read unbiased reports. This paper is VERY biased on many topics. Some are fine mind you. I simply have experienced from the past information written that was devoid of critical data which would have done damage to the party in power.

Bob

Last edited by a moderator:

giglets

Today's Zaman
Good evening:

SuperBogs - I can understand why you would want to avoid TodayZaman.

Why let an opposing view poison your thinking!

I have always believed that to understand current affairs that one was best likely to understand it if one looked at/considered both sides of any subject therefore reading/studying the opposition was almost as important as reading the reports with which one agreed.

Cheers

Squeaky

Good Evening Squeaky,

Try explaining your logic to the Daily Mail haters on here!

Your belief is, I think, utopian and slightly naive.

People will generally read/watch the media, whose overall view matches their own most closely.

Human nature, I'm afraid.

Dave

ceemac

Shake It Baby...
Today's Zaman
Sounds to me like one of the 'knickers and brains left at the airport' stories!

I'm assuming this is an older English lady being 'courted' by a young Turkish boy wanting a better life.

I'm not sure what the author is suggesting though - is it that someone should interfere to save the woman?

It's hard to know....

C

Akasya

Postless Pointer
Today's Zaman
Great... have a cheap pop at the guys name. Is your Turkish anywhere as good as his English?

Answer on a postcard I suspect.

JF

How hurtful, i'll consider myself jolly well told off.

Chastened, steve.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom