SuperBogs

I miss you Pebble
Tlf auction fund raiser
I have been giving this some thought for several days and passed it by Mushtaq and he gave me the thumbs up to go ahead with it.

I was trying to come up with an idea that would make it easier for us to help others in need. We have fund raisers where people donate and that's wonderful but I was hoping to develop a method to raise not only more money but also faster as there will be times when the cause is desperate and time will be against us.

That being said my idea is to have an ongoing online auction within the TLF community. Presently we are raising funds for Pebble's cause. When help financial assistance kicks in then we can bank any raised monies and through a vote process decide which causes we should help as they come to our attention. We can decide the amount we will donate at that time also. This online auction is NOT, I REPEAT NOT being develpoed to replace the current method we have. It has proven to be a valed way to raise money also, this is just a supplement to our traditional fund raising method.

We are not set up to do it like eBay. It will be a FUN auction amongst friends run on a honesty program. The idea is to always keep in mind the reason for it in the first place. One problem I have encountered is distance. Shipping to the UK or vice versa can be expensive and through the normal post system not entirely reliable ( better now though then in the past ). I was thinking if your in the UK then our TLF friends that are in the UK at that time would be the ones to bid on any items and the same for Turkey. Many of those from the UK have friends that live in Turkey full time so if you didn't want to pay the shipping for the items auctioned off in Turkey you could simply have them sent to your friends home and gather it when you come over for your vacation.

This is all for fun but the results are serious so please don't put up for auction items that are almost worthless or tattered. Select items that are in very good condition that you either don't use or don't "NEED" anymore. Books in very good condition would be a perfect example, nobody wants to buy a book with pages torn out by grandchildren or pen marks all thoughout. You all get the idea. Try to auction items of some value so that the fun will also raise funds. If anyone can add to this please PM me and we can look at wether it would make this concept better. I will be taking a couple pair of sunglasses we sell in our pharmacy and posting them this week to start it off and then you will see an example of what I am talking about. Please let me know if there are better ways of doing this as many brains think better then my half brain...lol

Anyone buying will have to set up a paypal account so you can transfer the funds to Mushtaq at his paypal account. Maybe Mushtaq can post his paypal account address for all to see. Paypal is free to set up. They do charge 3% for thrie service but the service is good and secure. www.paypal.com set your account up at this website address.

LETS HAVE FUN WITH THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:clap::clap::clap:

Biker Bob

Last edited:

lilacdiana

lilacdiana
Tlf auction fund raiser
Just a thought but maybe auction a week rental of a holiday property. The person bidding could get a bargain but could raise a fairly large sum or the cause.

Di xx

Alan Fidler

Ceteris paribus
Tlf auction fund raiser
Excellent idea Bob... cant wait to see it in action and ave some fun too.. would it be fair to presume there will be a titled box on the home page some where that we can all see it..? As with the TLF donations, photo gallery etc.. or maybe a link..?

Alan.

SuperBogs

I miss you Pebble
Tlf auction fund raiser
Excellent idea Bob... cant wait to see it in action and ave some fun too.. would it be fair to presume there will be a titled box on the home page some where that we can all see it..? As with the TLF donations, photo gallery etc.. or maybe a link..?

Alan.

To begin with we will post in the cafe, if this flys and there is a demand a spot will be made for it.

Biker Bob

SuperBogs

I miss you Pebble
Tlf auction fund raiser
Can I ask what type of thing were you looking to auction?

Anything!!! Just keep in mind if it's a large item only people local to you would be interested because of shipping costs.

Biker Bob

pebble

Tlf auction fund raiser
wow......I could start off the auction by donating all my household stuff in Bodrum.....he he hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe

nanamo

Tlf auction fund raiser
I've got a signed paper back copy of The Jump by Martina Cole. Never been read but has been on the bookshelf for a couple of years. Not torn or dirty. Any takers? It is a legit signiture.

kaplumba

Tlf auction fund raiser
I will donate up to 4 of my watercolour paintings of teddy bears suitable for christenings and new babies - they have the child's name on. They are mounted in 12inch x 10 card window mount ready for framing. I will cover the cost of postage in UK or Turkey. I'll be back here in August so will post them in Turkey then. The minimum I will do them for is 25 pounds. I did a few for the fund for Ali's bed so examples can be seen on that thread. I used to sell them professionally 20 years ago through the Letter Box catalogue and now they are only resurrected for special occasion like this! PM me with details of the name required when it is ready I will contact you and once you have paid the money into the fund I will post it. I am away from my paints at the moment but will do them on my return home in a couple of weeks. All you folk with new babies or Grandchildren should consider getting one. Many rich and famous people bought them for their children 20 years ago and they have been featured in magazines.
Can some clever person look back at the Ali threads and post the example of the painting here please.

Last edited:

SuperBogs

I miss you Pebble
Tlf auction fund raiser
I will donate up to 4 of my watercolour paintings of teddy bears suitable for christenings and new babies - they have the child's name on. They are mounted in 12inch x 10 card window mount ready for framing. I will cover the cost of postage in UK or Turkey. I'll be back here in August so will post them in Turkey then. The minimum I will do them for is 25 pounds. I did a few for the fund for Ali's bed so examples can be seen on that thread. I used to sell them professionally 20 years ago through the Letter Box catalogue and now they are only resurrected for special occasion like this! PM me with details of the name required when it is ready I will contact you and once you have paid the money into the fund I will post it. I am away from my paints at the moment but will do them on my return home in a couple of weeks. All you folk with new babies or Grandchildren should consider getting one. Many rich and famous people bought them for their children 20 years ago and they have been featured in magazines.
Can some clever person look back at the Ali threads and post the example of the painting here please.

That's wonderful. I think what people will need though is a picture of what they are bidding on. If it's an item that needs now explanation like a book or something like that then thats different. It would still help though, for sure. I am interested in one of these also.

Biker Bob

Guz1

Tlf auction fund raiser
I did a search but couldn't find the pictures but I'm sure they would make an ideal present. Do we bid here? If so, I'll start the ball rolling and bid £25 each for two paintings.

Saoirse

Tlf auction fund raiser
Bob

Since we have had some heated debates and frank exchange of views on here I have an idea for a bit of a laugh and more importantly instant fund raiser.

We could pledge a quid or whatever just to get someone to say something!

For example I will go a fiver for Bob to post hes a commy, or someone could post money for me to say I love Rangers etc? What do ya think? Might be good laugh and instant cash?

SuperBogs

I miss you Pebble
Tlf auction fund raiser
Bob

Since we have had some heated debates and frank exchange of views on here I have an idea for a bit of a laugh and more importantly instant fund raiser.

We could pledge a quid or whatever just to get someone to say something!

For example I will go a fiver for Bob to post hes a commy, or someone could post money for me to say I love Rangers etc? What do ya think? Might be good laugh and instant cash?

LOL....anything is worth a try....nice way of saying I am a commy, :9: hahaha

This might work Philip

Biker Bob

Guz1

Tlf auction fund raiser
Sounds good to me too. Hope Pete the Postie gets involved cos I know just the post I'd like to see from him. Can't bid yet, though, until I find out whether I'm buying two paintings.

Saoirse

Tlf auction fund raiser
God its gonna cost me a fortune!

Ok I will start the ball rolling

£5 if Bob publicly states here he would prefer to live in North Korea than Canada and why!

and a further £5 for Maria to publicly state on here she why she believes Belfast is the premier location in Ireland!

Guz1

Tlf auction fund raiser
OK, then, I'm working on it. Give me an hour or two to think of one or two reasons.

pebble

Tlf auction fund raiser
You guys are so awesome. I love how as a community we are all pulling together.

Jane, you are awesome!!!!!!

saoirse - philip.........great, i always enjoy watching you stir things up, never felt i could hold a candle against your arguments, but they were always food for thought.

Bob...always my hero. Hows baby Mary? give her a tickle under the chin for me.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom