Abo

Abo
tips
1 last pick at your brains before I go on wednesday. I know most of you have your own mansions in Turkey and would not normally stay in a hotel but I always tip the room cleaners on the day. How much do you think it should be for a decent tip.

Last edited:

maggie

tips
It really depends what you can afford to give and if they have done a good job.

I would say a pound a day would make them very happy.Hugs Maggie xx

Reactions: Abo

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
tips
I've not stopped in hotels over here for a while but I know that quite a few guests leave part used items of toiletries etc for the cleaners. This reduces the possibility of having to pay excess baggage on their return trip.

And, as Maggie says, about £1 / 2.5 TL per day isn't unreasonable.

EVELYNNE

evelynne
tips
Yes I always used to leave my toiletries , but always leave a note to the management that they have been left for the cleaners. Some hotels have very strict rules on what the staff can take out and if caught with "gifts" can be sacked. £1 would be very acceptable as a tip.

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
tips
Good point Evelynne.

We stopped at a hotel in Oludeniz a few years ago and at the end of our holiday we gave a couple of the girls some towels, t-shirts, cosmetics etc and they asked that we gave them each a short note to say that they were gifts from us.

We gave them the notes and also made a point of going with them to the hotel manager to show him what they'd been given.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom