modaboy

Tips for Saving Money in Turkey
Eat soup at cheap "lokanta." You can get soup for a pound or one pound twenty. Eat a loaf of free bread with it and the cheap ones give you free water from a container they bring to the table. The soup is delicious and you do not need to tip. That is breakfast, lunch or dinner for a pound.

Many places do a breakfast buffet. You can eat a good breakfast/lunch combined for 9-12 lira. Drink as much tea as you like, bread, butter, cheese,olives etc. and the fill your pockets with sachets and little cartons of butter, honey, jam etc.

If you go to the street market late in the evening you can get half price fruit and veg.-the suff they want to get rid of cheap before it closes.

Most baker's sell half price day old bread-or even same day but late in the evening.

When you go to "lokanta" always help yourself to as many lemon scented towels and take them home. Also take serviettes and paper towels.

Walk everywhere and use public transport-you can get monthly tickets in some places-very cheap.

Cinemas have a "people's day-usually Weds and it is half price.

Only buy from supermarkets what is on offer every week.

"When you go to "lokanta" always help yourself to as many lemon scented towels and take them home. Also take serviettes and paper towels."

That's called thieving isn't it???

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
When your toothbrush starts to fray, just get the scissors and trim them half-way down - bingo, doubled the life of the toothbrush and saved a couple of lira.
Limit the number of toilet roll sheets that visitors can use.
Spit the toothpaste used into a glass and re-use it the next day.

And one from BTN yesterday, keep your earwax and use for furniture polish.

'Many a mickle maks a muckle' as my old mother says.

Ian

Bubskar

r u an hobo?:fish2:

LOL - I wouldn't have been so abrasive - my thoughts were that a long student life has been led.... these habits are hard to drop when you enter the real grown up world!!:loco:

captain

Drink as much tea as you like, bread, butter, cheese,olives etc. and the fill your pockets with sachets and little cartons of butter, honey, jam etc.

Also take serviettes and paper towels.
QUOTE]

This is a great idea - you nick everything you can lay your hands on so the restaraunts put up their prices to cover costs. We pay more but you carry on stealing it.
Sounds good to me - NOT.
Maybe they'll cotton on to you before long and invite you to spend a bit of time in the local nick - I think everything will be free in there too! :ballchain

:loco::loco::loco:

Doug

luckycat68

LOVING MY LIFE
Eat soup at cheap "lokanta." You can get soup for a pound or one pound twenty. Eat a loaf of free bread with it and the cheap ones give you free water from a container they bring to the table. The soup is delicious and you do not need to tip. That is breakfast, lunch or dinner for a pound.

Many places do a breakfast buffet. You can eat a good breakfast/lunch combined for 9-12 lira. Drink as much tea as you like, bread, butter, cheese,olives etc. and the fill your pockets with sachets and little cartons of butter, honey, jam etc.

If you go to the street market late in the evening you can get half price fruit and veg.-the suff they want to get rid of cheap before it closes.

Most baker's sell half price day old bread-or even same day but late in the evening.

When you go to "lokanta" always help yourself to as many lemon scented towels and take them home. Also take serviettes and paper towels.

Walk everywhere and use public transport-you can get monthly tickets in some places-very cheap.

Cinemas have a "people's day-usually Weds and it is half price.

Only buy from supermarkets what is on offer every week.

What a "Cheapskate " you are and dishonest by the sound of your post !
You will never get soup in Yalikavak lokantas for 2 30 tl
As for stealing towels / serviettes / wipes / Jam / honey / butter etc - well its folks like you that are killing decent restaurants like us !

Suppose you like stealing salt and pepper pots also and toilet paper ??

Would NEVER eat day old bread in Turkey - as not nice !
Hope you don"t come to eat in our place as will have to put lock and key on everything LOL

Duke

Wow What an Envoy for the UK?????? My Lord I believe in being thrifty but that exceeds the bounds of decency ... Food is so inexpensive as it is why would one want/need to steal?????? Lets face it what must the staff at that Lonkanstasi think ??? Anyway poor Modaboy MUST be on his uppers so lets not judge him too harshly.. Maybe he should write a book the Brit In Turkeys Survival Guide....lol...
Duke

hammers

i bet the boy could peel an orange in his pocket if had any room with them stuffed with restaurant goodies.

Saoirse

always use BOTH sides of your loo roll

a shredded wheat filled with soap makes an excellent brillo pad

Sara-666

Why don't you do like the locals and just find a wedding or sunnet party to go to every evening, the food and drink will then be free!

bobthenob

Non Active Member
Finding ways of saving money is quite fun,but not on others people's exspenses.
l found a great way of saving money.Just eat less and then you can fit in those clothes that were hanging in the wardrobe for months doing nothing.
You save on the clothes and food bill.And the hospital charges later on in the future,due to over consumption

Saoirse

eating a family member can also reduce the weekly grocery bill as well as saving on the butchers outlay

bobthenob

Non Active Member
eating a family member can also reduce the weekly grocery bill as well as saving on the butchers outlay

And for afters are the many insects crawling under the kitchen.You can garnish them with a sprinkling of aphids from the garden and slowly caramelize them under the blazing sun for a few minutes.MMMMM,yummy,the dish is called crunch delight and is free

Lillylilly

Ex Altinkum Resident
This is the guy who is advocating renting to everyone in another thread! well I hope hes not living next door to you otherwise you may see the contents of your bin being recycled if you go to dinner at his place!

Latest Posts

Top Bottom