SOLO

SOLO
Tinted windows
Anyone knows if driving a foreign number plated car with tinted windows is ok in Turkey? Is tinting allowed in Turkey at all?...

Thanks in advance.
s

matty

Tinted windows
I have seen many cars here with tinted windows, including front windows!

SOLO

SOLO
Tinted windows
Matty, thank you for easing my fears. I was once fined for 120YTL for driving in Altinkum with fog lights on...at night... so wouldn't be surprised to get another one for factory (!) tinted front windows.

Regards
s

Last edited:
M

Mack

Tinted windows
Hi Solo, not sure about foreign plate cars but local cars in Turkey are only allowed a certain % of tint before its illegal (not sure how much) although looking at most of the pimped out Tofas round here how strictlty its enforced is another matter, not as bad as Dubai where if youre local youre allowed 100% tint, foreigners 30%, at least here its all the same :)

M

Mack

Tinted windows
Its the amount of tint applied thats restricted but how they measure it if youre stopped, god knows, I have tinted windows on my car too but its only a 15% tint I think the rules here (in Turkey) are between 30-40% tint too but maybe someone can correct me if Im wrong :)

SOLO

SOLO
Tinted windows
kelchocolate, thanks,

Mack - true, normally the amount of tint should only be measured with certified equipment in controlled lab environment. Any check performed in the street or anywhere else outside the lab is illegal... I wonder how turkish police do it...

M

Mack

Tinted windows
They tell you to hold a 100lira bill against it, if they can see it, they take it, if they cant see it, they take it :)

Tinted windows
Four or five years ago I was travelling in a VW transporter and we were stopped for a routine check.

The police at the check said that tintd windows were not allowed neither were Bull-bars.

During the ensuing debate we discovered that one of the people in our transporter had famiy in the same town as the policeman plus a kilo or two of cherries we were on our way. However the policeman did say that the windows must be replaced and the bull-bars removed.

Not an answer I know but part of the rich tapestry of life.

Tinted windows
Well in UK the police have meters they use for mobile checks on the % of tint so saying checks outside the lab are illegal does not seem right unless the police are checking window tint illegally(surely not)

SOLO

SOLO
Tinted windows
Yes, the question here is what meters police in different countries use for street checks. No doubt about UK or EU - but some other countries still in question... if they use meters at all...

babsgood

Deemon in disguise
Tinted windows
we bought a car from a Turkish guy it had tinted rear and side windows, whilst we were going through getting it converted to an MC plate we had to get an MOT and they ripped all the tinting off and told us it would fail with it on, that was about 18 months ago.

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
Tinted windows
resurrected thread: MOT (equiv) this week, and had to remove tinting on side windows to get through. They said law has changed and is being enforced.

Ian

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
Tinted windows
resurrected thread: MOT (equiv) this week, and had to remove tinting on side windows to get through. They said law has changed and is being enforced.

Ian

Oh dear, I can see trouble ahead. Our car has factory fitted tinted windows as original.

juco

Tinted windows
Of course the reason will be there could be terrorists sitting in the rear seats.

Sextronic

Getting warmed up
Tinted windows
Oh dear, I can see trouble ahead. Our car has factory fitted tinted windows as original.

I have pre-tinted windows, too. Foreign plates. Foreign brand that is not present in TR nowadays. Foreign kimlik (yabanci). Nobody cares!

Latest Posts

Top Bottom