Pheme

Tinky Town
Not a lot happening round Tinky town this week - Be a few weeks till the height of season when 6 packed adonises are spinning on their heads to the summer tunes and girls are loosing their knickers nightly on the beach! The fishbowls will be in full flow, waiters will be collecting fiances on a 2 week turnaround and hearts will be broken. Outside every bar there will be the gorgeous men casting their long lashed brown eyes like fishings nets, catching the female prey with ease. Once inside they will giggle and order their huge orgasms (its a cocktail ok) and wait for the conga line of snake hipped waiters to slither to their table carrying a large bowl decked in sparklers and del boy umbrellas singing Jolley Jolley Jolley, or something that sounds remarkably like it.

Most exciting thing Ive seen is the sign on Elaines Chippy that said "closed until further notice" that had my nose twitching, speculating all manner of marital problems but it turns out she was just feeling a bit poorly and is back up to her eyes in potato peelings today.

As for the intended Global Domination of Parador, well, not quite….
Their arrival in Altinkum has not left the rest of the Emlak’s quaking in their boots as expected. Seems they (Parador) have outpriced themselves in the market. Their properties start from a whopping £ 35,350 for a 1 bed apartment, when you can pick up a spacious 2 bed of the same standard in just as good a location from as little as 22k!! Thankfully, they do all their marketing in the UK and once their chosen victims arrive here they are practically blindfolded and herded like sheep for 4 days under the watchful eye of their designated “guide”. I don’t know who I feel more sorry for the families who cant even pee in peace or the poor bloke who has superglued them all to a bit of string tied round his wrist!. Come to think of it, how does he pee? Or have Parador designed the uniforms accordingly?

PS: A Turkish friend of mine has bought www.theparadorproperties.com - I asked him what he was going to advertise on there and he said “toilets” Nuff Said!

Bye for now x

shehow

Tinky Town
thanks for all the gossip you should do a weekly page its nice to hear whots going on and yes i will be out there 10 july so things should get lively then when me and my lot get there cant wait keep the gossip coming

speedy

Tinky Town
well didnt welcome you in the other area but welcome anyway, this post is so true of the summer beach and bar frolics of altinkum and guess everyone kows Parador hold their customers 24/7 when on viewing trips, they have not got any of their own build but looked to have teamed up with a well known company in altinkum but are very pricey, look forward to your reports.

Pennie

Tinky Town
Ooh our Bry.....you don't know what you are missing. Elaine's fish is wonderful.

As to the activities on the front......everybar is the same......boys dancing.......men hassling........prices creeping up and up.

A word of advice.....before you enter a place ask the price of the drink. I know we have knocked them down many times by refusing to pay the 'summer' prices.
We went to the night clubs on the front lastweek (commonly known as dog alley), and they tried to charge us 8ytl for an efes.
We all turned around and went to go in the club nextdoor. It soon came down to 5ytl, which although still expensive, is an acceptable price for a nightclub.

Pennie xx

Tinky Town
thats outrageus 8ytl for beer!
sounds like tinky is a bit like hisaranu but bigger!
i still will not be visiting!
i know this will upset some people but im sorry!

peter the postie

Wer'e not really here
Tinky Town
Doesn't upset me lad. Anybody who ever thought Altinkum was going to be immune from progression into a Gumbet like state must have been going around with blinkers on.

shehow

Tinky Town
well bryan i was looking forward to meeting you in person and having a good old natter you always have a lot to say (mean that in a nice way ) il buy the efes well hubby will hope to meet you one day

mik@jan

Tinky Town
was in thompsons travel agents today looking at flights and they are advertising Parador offering their brochures to those going to turkey
mik@jan

speedy

Tinky Town
bry, i have been to kusadasi and must say i do prefer altinkum but each to their own as they say

speedy

Tinky Town
lol sorry bry though u were kus, I have holidayed in yalikavak, very nice little but growing fishing town, been back there a few times lately to check in on the place when i do my regular drive around the peninsular

Pheme

Tinky Town
bexxy said:
what a positive impression this thread gives about Altinkum ;)
Hi Bexxy,

There are of course, lots of wonderful places and people in Altinkum, its not all for the bucket and spade brigade!! - This just portrays one side of this fab little town, albeit the sleazy side! - only fair that people have an honest representation of whats going on!

Carl34

Tinky Town
Pheme said:
Hi Bexxy,

There are of course, lots of wonderful places and people in Altinkum, its not all for the bucket and spade brigade!! - This just portrays one side of this fab little town, albeit the sleazy side! - only fair that people have an honest representation of whats going on!

The Times newspaper ran an artical recently stating that Marmaris is the Gigolo capital of Europe!!!! According to the report, any european lady travelling independently is considered "available". I'm too young to remember but didn't this behaviour also exist in Spain some twenty years ago? ;o)

bexxy

Mooning
Tinky Town
True, True, the sleazy side is no worse than Bournemouth near where I am, it's just I'd hate for anyone thinking about buying in Altinkum to be put off! :D

I'm not in to the clubbing side of things very often anymore but I have to say in my two weeks in tinky even the sleazy side was more enjoyable than in other places I have stayed. ;)

Pennie

Tinky Town
Okay....Altinkum has it's up's and it's down's.
I only moved here 9 months ago, and i can categorically (big word) state, than it is lovely here.
The majority of the people are open and friendly and good fun.
Why is it that it is always the minority that give the majority a bad name.
It's like the english football fans.

I have had some bad experiences here the last couple of weeks, and it still hasn't put me off.

The last two homes I had in England and Wales respectively were in so called nice areas, but they still had problems. You'd walk down the street and there would be needles in the gutters, and the yobs congregating on the corners would be yelling and intimidating everyone that passes by.
You dont have that here.
I am not saying Turkey doesn't have a drug problem......I don't think there is a country left on the planet that could say that, but it's a small problem.
I am not saying there are not drunks here, because there are, but they are on the whole, 'pleasant' drunks, who just want a nice time.

I agree that it is generally the negative aspects of a place, that people remember and talk about, and perhaps we are to blame for a lot of that.
Perhaps we should change our outlook on life, and instead of constantly critisising places and people, start praising them.

I moved here to get away from all the bitchiness and backstabbing that goes on in the average british community, and so far, all i can say is that we, as a family have no regrets.

WE LOVE IT HERE, (just wish we could have a little bit of rain for the lawn)

Pennie xx

Latest Posts

Top Bottom