maggie

Tinky Market.
Today I went to the new sited Tinky Market.

For those of you who dont know its been moved its is now over near the bus station in Didim,on the road by the pink hospital.

Well I now think its horrid.I used to love rambling backwards and forwards along the side streets of the old market weaving in and out tripping over everybodies shopping trollies.The atmostphere was wonderfull you'd sit in one of the little cafes for a coffee and watch the people walking buy ,the calls of the traders trying to flog you 4 t shirts for a Tenner.!!!

Now its all under cover ,the stalls are smaller, just up and down in aisles the stall holders seem scared to shout out their wares,the prices have gone up and it seems more catered for the tourist.!!!! I cannot believe Ive been there and bought nothing.!!!!!!!

There are no nice little cafes to people watch any more and it seemed so hot under the cover.

Am I the only person thinking this or is there any body that actually likes the new site and layout.???????

Hugs Maggiexxxx

Tinky Market.
Hi Maggie
Margaret and I were there 2 weeks ago, and agree with you, word for word, totaly lost its appeal and charisma, and where have all the fish gone to!

Cheers Peter

maggie

Tinky Market.
petermcintosh said:
Hi Maggie
Margaret and I were there 2 weeks ago, and agree with you, word for word, totaly lost its appeal and charisma, and where have all the fish gone to!

Cheers Peter
Yer thats a
point where have all the fish gone.?????

Used to love watching them leaping about when theyd just been delivered.

Hugs Maggie xxx

maggie

Tinky Market.
Just been speaking to some people from England today who also agree with me that Tinky Market is now pants.!!!!!

I have been to Soke market which is also under cover however that see
ms to have a bit more of a Turkish feel to it.

I have also been to Kusadasi Market which I thought was very nice as that sort of rambled up the streets.

Are there any more typically turkish markets in around the Bodrum area as Altinkum definatly has the thumbs down from me.(Also which days they operate)

Hugs Maggie xxxx

Sylvia

Tinky Market.
Maggie
I agree with everything you have said, i went the 1st week and have not been back since, I will go to Mavi market from now on

Sylvia

Tinky Market.
yes Maggie well worth a visit there again u have akbuk which is just as good.x

Lillylilly

Ex Altinkum Resident
Tinky Market.
Errr wheres "Tinky" in flippin toytown? We love the market bright spacious airy and undercover. Nothing to trip over clean set out stalls more choice, prices around the same, cheaper than the supermarkets. Come wintertime no puddles on the tarpaulins soaking you. Its still early days and no doubt it will improve for the teashops. I for one love the new market as loads of other permanent residents we know here do.
Great improvement and we hated the stinky fish stalls which have been left behind!!! O and there are decent loos there as well. Lots of less hasstle and more police prescence.

Last edited:

maggie

Tinky Market.
Being a permanent resident myself sadly I am not in agreement this market has definatly gone down in my estimation.!!!!

The stinky fish stalls were great and the fish was so fresh and cheap on there.There is
definatly not better choice its all geared for the tourist football t shirts in abundance and trinket stalls.Where are the GOZLEME ladies????

Ow and by the way Tinky is affectionatly what the locals call ALTINKUM.

Hugs Maggie xxxxx

Lillylilly

Ex Altinkum Resident
Tinky Market.
Well we are locals and definately do not call it Tinky neither do any of our friends. Football, designer shirts and trinket stalls were always there they are just all lumped together now and if you want the fish its still at the old market. The Pancake ladies will be back and there was some in one of the cafes closeby.

In our estimation it has gone considerably up market

sahil

Tinky Market.
Strange, but I too am a permanent resident in Didim and apart from these pages have never heard of "tinky" or, come to think of it, "mavi".

Is this some form of deranged 'aky' speak?

maggie

Tinky Market.
Ha Ha LillyLilly quess we dont have the same friends !!!!

Im so glad I still have good old Akbuk market to fall back on.

Hugs Maggie xxxx

maggie

Tinky Market.
sahil said:
Strange, but I too am a permanent resident in Didim and apart from these pages have never heard of "tinky" or, come to think of it, "mavi".

Is this some form of deranged 'aky' speak?
Ow dear think we have started a names war here!!!!

Its all ways been Tinky ,Mavi ,and Akky. to me and many of my friends from these places. I am sorry but I dont find it deranged at all there are lots of words and names abbreviated one way and another arnt there ?For instance Brum for Birmingham,Livvy for Liverpool shall i carry on???

Hugs Maggie xxxx

Harem

I've cliqued
Tinky Market.
These locals who call Altinkum "Tinky" are they Turkish locals, or British locals?

maggie

Tinky Market.
Actually Harem theyre both.!!!
A couple of TURKISH local
ladies on my sitesi affectionatly say they are doing Tinky.
Think it has probably been brought about by us ex pats tho.

Hugs Maggie xxxxxx

batman

Tinky Market.
maggie said:
Just been speaking to some people from England today who also agree with me that Tinky Market is now pants.!!!!!

I have been to Soke market which is also under cover however that see
ms to have a bit more of a Turkish feel to it.

I have also been to Kusadasi Market which I thought was very nice as that sort of rambled up the streets.

Are there any more typically turkish markets in around the Bodrum area as Altinkum definatly has the thumbs down from me.(Also which days they operate)

Hugs Maggie xxxx
hi there.very good market in Milas ,far better than any other I,ve been to bigger and very few tourists .Highly recommend it ,let me know if you visit it

batman

Tinky Market.
hi there.very good market in Milas ,far better than any other I,ve been to bigger and very few tourists .Highly recommend it ,let me know if you visit it

Latest Posts

Top Bottom