Big Paul

Moved at last
Times Up
It is my other half's last work day today.

Just 9 days left until we depart for Turkey permanently.

I would like to enquire of everyone living out there what things do you miss from the UK - if anything!!!

On my frequent trips over the years to Turkey I have been asked to bring over many varied items including Dettol, mushy peas, Dairy Milk chocolate, PG tea bags, etc.

What do you miss most?

Times Up
cheese, bacon, sausage and general easy packet sauces!!

Good cheese is pricy here and in my early pregnancy found myself paying silly prices just for cheddar and edam!

Good luck with the move

Ms Who

aka Kym Ciftci
Times Up
Pie mash and liquor! The rest I can live without (yes even the galaxy!). Lots of luck with the move :)

Times Up
I don't live there yet but on my extended holidays I miss mash like a woman possessed, I hardly ever eat it at home!!

Question, can you get beef stock like oxo or gravy granules like bisto in Bodrum? If so what do I look for in Turkish - tried kipa and migros last summer but the pictures are often open to interpretation...

angiesco

Times Up
Mmm, my list is a bit big, I think!LOL Creme eggs, most chocolate in general really. Irn bru, Scottish Plain Loaf, square saugsage on a morning roll. Tinned corn beef. Potato scones(easy to make , I know but they don't taste the same because of the milk) Anything my mum makes for dinner! Mild Scottish Cheddar. Different flavours of crisps-roast chicken, prawn cocktail, salt and vinegar. In Turkey, they go through a phase of introducing new flavours for a limited time. Chinese takeaways and Indians too. In saying that, there is a lot of things I like about Turkey, such as simit, kebabs, fresh fruit and veg, fresh hot pide bread during ramadan, cherry juice to name but a few.

I hope you have a good move and enjoy your time here.

Angie.

Times Up
I don't live there yet but on my extended holidays I miss mash like a woman possessed, I hardly ever eat it at home!!

Question, can you get beef stock like oxo or gravy granules like bisto in Bodrum? If so what do I look for in Turkish - tried kipa and migros last summer but the pictures are often open to interpretation...
Can't speak for Bodrum but in Dalyan and Fethiye you can buy original Bisto granules as well as HP sauce and other delicacies!!!! (obviously paying a premium for the import)

Top Bottom