tinkycarol

5 a day inspiration!
Time limit for posting - is there one? Being logged out
Hi, I don't think this is the right place but don't know where else to ask this question.
When I am logged on and there is a thread I want to reply to I type what I want to say, check it and hit the submit button but I am finding I get a box saying I am not logged in and I lose my reply/text. Is there a time limit after which you are logged out as you are deemed unactive - I know I'm a technophobe but my typing is not that slow! It has happened a few times and I am getting wary of posting anything - any suggestions (apart from keep it shorter or quicker!).
Thanks Carol x

JET

Don`t panic Carol, as you `Log In` just remember to click on the `remember me` facility and that gives you as much time as you need to dictate your entry.

I`ve been down the same road.

XXX

Tess

:roundgrin Me too Carol, just remember to tick the remember me button. I remember typing a massive parable one night, I was so excited to have something worthwhile to say (doesn't often happen) I typed and typed and hit submit only to be told to log in Grrrr, needless to say my pearls of wisdom never made the forum, i gave up and went to bed. :dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
It's always a good idea, if you've got something important to share, to prepare it in a Word or Google Docs file and then copy and paste it.

Martyn

Long posts on here or any website(especially webmail), copy before submitting. Then you can just paste into a new web page.

tinkycarol

5 a day inspiration!
:thanks: Cheers all for that - now I know. Tess, that was it exactly - I almost wept! What with all the texting now I find my spelling has really gone downhill so I have to do a proof-read for spelling, another to make sure it doesn't sound too stupid as once it's out there it's out there forever, another check to make sure the 'cyber protocol' is met...by the time I have done all that it's not relevant anymore and I've forgotten what I wanted to say. in the first place. :hehe:
Carol x

Latest Posts

Top Bottom