Thumbs up for SGK!
I had to go to Datca Hospital to see a doctor this morning. I took a bit of finding in the system initially, but didn't have to wait at all. Saw the Doc who spoke excellent English and confirmed my fear that I had Shingles (Zona in Turkish). Took the prescription to the chemist and received 42TL's worth of medication for 7TL.

Total cost - 7TL. :3::3::3:

Is SGK worth it? Certainly is for me!

hijo

in my own clique
Thumbs up for SGK!
well done with that ..don,t envy you with shingles ..I had it about 30 years ago .very painful..dying to scratch ..30 years ago there was nothing for it except Baby powder....

Thumbs up for SGK!
thats wonderful Linda ..its something ive always dreaded .shingles /herpes zoster)
this week ive got a cold sore first time ever and its really painful ..same virus ..but not as bad as the shingles rash
so shingles was on my mind as i had the headache not feeling too good recently etc and so got some stuff from my chemist downstairs . the earlier you get treatment the less trouble you get as im sure you know.
heres a good web site that has info on shingles and it important to get early treatment if you suspect you have it
Shingles ? Symptoms

louise17

Thumbs up for SGK!
Good to hear that SSK came up trumps, I hope the shingles clears up quickly as I've heard it's very painful too. I get cold sores Shirley, Zovirax cream has changed my life! Trouble is you do need to put it on when you feel the tingle......

SLEEPY

Thumbs up for SGK!
Get well soon Yildez.

Interestingly I was talking with one of my cronies recently about the drawbacks of checking symptoms/ailments on the net.
He has however given up doing this as in the past year he claimed to have had leprosy,the bubonic plague (in his ar*e) and a touch of consumption!

Thumbs up for SGK!
Thanks folks! I had Shingles 7 years ago so I knew the symptoms, and also that if you get treatment early it's usually not too bad. Noticed a rash yesterday, but no pain/burning sensation. Had another look today with a magnifying mirror and thought "uh oh!". If the Doc had said it was nothing I'd have apologised profusely for wasting his time; as I started the tablets immediately I'm hopeful it will clear up quickly.

It better, I'm off to Egypt for just over 2 months next Sunday!

Freedom 49

No fun if it's too easy!
Thumbs up for SGK!
Get well soon Linda and have a real good time back in Egypt. Are you staying in Luxor again or testing a different place?

I'll have time to get back out there again 2016/2017 after I retire and look up old friends around Luxor.
My flights are booked to go back out to Nepal in 3 months time. catch up with people there, I've also included a 4 day visit to China so I'll eventually get to walk various bits of the Great Wall. :hippie:

As much as we both love Turkey, we just can't help popping back to other much loved places, can we?? Enjoy, make the most of it.

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
Thumbs up for SGK!
Resurrecting this old Shingles (Zona) thread. What is the way to do this in Turkey - how and where to get the jab?

Ian

ps and pneumococcal polysaccharide vaccine (PPV)

Last edited:

enoch

Thumbs up for SGK!
Resurrecting this old Shingles (Zona) thread. What is the way to do this in Turkey - how and where to get the jab?

Ian

ps and pneumococcal polysaccharide vaccine (PPV)
Just been to the local doctor with, not sure yet could be shingles or hives last week . The boss has had them twice. Gave me 2 creams and tablet's they have started going back. So I will wait and see after another week. Your quickest way would be private but as you know at a cost. Other than that I would have thought internal medicine. Would the chemist not supply if you go to your local doctor but maybe not if its a vaccine.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom