arrian

R.I.P
Thumbs down??
i have sometimes read posts that i have found useful or amusing or interesting, but have not wished to make a comment on, usually because it's from a distant post that i have no understanding of, or, as in the case of computer info, it has been something that has interested me for the future. in these cases i will use the "thankyou" facility and nothing else.

however, i have realised that there is a small minority that appear to post simply to get a reaction, yet are annoyed if there is critisism of their posts.

i have had a few pms' from fellow members who have been hurt and upset by some of the comments made by these, and i wondered if the moderators would consider giving a "THUMBS DOWN" facility to allow those of us who wish it to be known that these adverse comments were not very nice, without wishing to join in and make matters worse.

anyone else agree????

Martyn

Thumbs down??
Besides the fact you can report posts via the option at the bottom left of every post you can also use the emoticons as well. What about :confused: :frown: :mmph: :der: :mad2: :eek:hwell: :nono: :hand: :fish: :argue:

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Thumbs down??
These are my favourites for those types of posters.:42::7::62yd::132lm::45::27::angry:

And for my friends I like :32: :bottom: :moonie:

:2:

ceemac

Shake It Baby...
Thumbs down??
What's the betting that the golden girls all give the thumbs down to the same posts though? :gulme:

C

arrian

R.I.P
Thumbs down??
okay, so maybe it wasn't a good idea, but i don't like the idea of friends being upset just for the sake of it.

i didn't know about the negative rep. point, i'll find out more. thanks.

bebs

Thumbs down??
okay, so maybe it wasn't a good idea, but i don't like the idea of friends being upset just for the sake of it.

i didn't know about the negative rep. point, i'll find out more. thanks.
I can understand, where you are coming from on this Arrian, my way of responding to this issue is not to reply . Sometimes Silence is Golden ............Bebs

gren

Thumbs down??
I also simply just 'don't reply'...but people never seem to get the message....

Last edited:

GnD

Thumbs down??
I thought about not posting as the usual dirge will be brought forth as I am a GG too, albeit recently added and have only actually met Jeannie.

I think a thumbs down to be a good idea in that it is midler than reporting a bad post.

However, I am certain Mushtaq has his hands full and another button may well not be the best use of his time. So I suggest those that wish to add the thumbs down do so with the available smilies and hopefully reduce the "tit for tat" postings that are so very tedious for all.

Quite why there is so much flak and needless bating currently mostly aimed at GG I cannot comprehend. Well all have our crap days and this board is supposed to be enjoyed as a respite from copious amounts of daily hassles, not adding to them.

Some people have been blessed with a degree of intelligence, but obviously nowt better to do than meddle for the sheer hell of it. What an abysmal waste of time and brain.

This petty bickering is possibly beginning to discredit the usual calibre of information on here and I for one am learning, reading and enjoying far less here and more elsewhere, due to the fast becoming precedent from established members of a Punch and Judy show.

I was inclined to agree with silence being the best action and then began to question why? GG's have already been moved to their own corner so why silenced too? Because their wit is not up to the vitriolic standard of others and won't get the last laugh? I for one have never aspired to such a questionable talent.

As polite, rule abiding and helpful members, irrespective of the, just for fun GG label, do their separate opinions value zero? That is rhetorical not for the obvious onslaught of childish comments that are increasingly losing their humour.

I personally do not have a lot of time here, but as and when I do, no single person on earth tells me what to post, think or thank posts, as has been implied.

Debbie

Back to the bloody good fun forum it was PLEASE!

ted j

Thumbs down??
Well Debbie, you'll never hear me slagging off the GG's. They are a good bunch of people, and yes, I agree with you about some subjects getting very heavy, but a bit of light heartedness, and humour in these times can't be at all bad. Bloody hell, this forum is a wealth of information for a lot of people (like me), but ALSO, a place to come to if, maybe your'e bored, would like a bit of a laugh, Want to have a gripe about something, want to share good (or not so good) news . All in all, what else would you do some nights, (when the tv is cr*p) . I really enjoy reading about your trials, triumphs, latest news,Giving (and recieving) help, on many subjects or just knowing that I have the priviledge to have a small insight into so many lives,(most days. it's better than the soaps!) . Ted

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Thumbs down??
Well said Debbie, I posted on another thread yesterday, the very same, when a thread/post requires some information, thought etc, I rise to that, but when we need a light relief, I can join in there too, mostly starting it, because our lives do have a lot of stress (in differing forms), sadness etc, and to have a bit of banter is to me just like being with a bunch of friends and interacting. There are some who do not find the GG's posts amusing, but hey ho, we're all different and that's why this forum is so good. As I said earlier if I don't like a particular post I don't comment or use the icons. It would have to be something very serious to report to the Mods, as they have enough to do already with the thousands of members on here. To bicker for the sake of it, I cannot understand that, as one never knows what/how that person who reads it will hurt.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom