JudeB

Jude & Archie
Thread Starter - Karacali
To all who live in this area, it would be interesting to see how many families there are in this area who also use Turkish Living Website as a media for information.

Lets have some feedback. I'll go first being as theres no one to protest

Archie & Jude. We know Penny, theres alst Steve. We live within a 200 metre radius of each other.

Who else is out there then.

Archie

JudeB said:
To all who live in this area, it would be interesting to see how many families there are in this area who also use Turkish Living Website as a media for information.

Lets have some feedback. I'll go first being as theres no one to protest

Archie & Jude. We know Penny, theres alst Steve. We live within a 200 metre radius of each other.

Who else is out there then.

Archie
Hi, we are within the same radius, almost next door to Penny, and Steve and Sally are just down the road. We are on the school road - where are you?

Crawley Karen said:
Hi, we are within the same radius, almost next door to Penny, and Steve and Sally are just down the road. We are on the school road - where are you?
Archie - where in Notts are you? I moved from Derby about fifteen years ago, but visit family there regularly. I moved to Crawley to get married - Paul has a lot to answer for!!!!
When are you out in Dalaman this year/ PM me if necessary - we might be able to meet up!
Karen

JudeB

Jude & Archie
Good Morning Karen,

First question, we have the small villa with what looks like a round tower. Steve and Sally live about 100 metres from us and Penny is about 200 metres away. Best reference point is the Kiddies play park that was erected and then left to overgrow.

Second. We live in Rainworth which is 6 miles out of Mansfield on the A617 to Newark.

Lastly we are booked to be in Dalaman 2nd week May for 1 week and then again Mid June I think. We would of course welcome your contact details I will PM my mobile details and if your about you could text us and let us know your location.

BFN

Archie

blue

blue
where is karacali we have place near the fethiye road near the green mosque next to where botonic gardens is being built which is known as a german area but more mixed now

JudeB

Jude & Archie
blue said:
where is karacali we have place near the fethiye road near the green mosque next to where botonic gardens is being built which is known as a german area but more mixed now

Hi Blue,

Karacali is about 5 mins from the airport on the RH side as you enter Dalaman. The area is very rural and a lot of the house plots are like small holdings. Dalaman center is also only 5 mins away from this area.

HTH Archie

GnD

Any of you around for Yosun do? 20 ytl for mixed meze s calamari or vegetable casserole and one drink on Wednesday 4th April at 4pm?

Can't be more than 10 minutes max in a car from Karacali.
Would be great - the more the merrier!

Debbie

JudeB

Jude & Archie
Hi Debbie,

Sadly not.!! Sitting here twiddling my thumbs during a period of my semi retirement and thinking about what I could be doing there as the weather improves much more so than the UK at the moment.

Another time hopefully

Archie

Hi Blue
We bought an apartment last year - purely for investment, and it sound as if it is on the same road as yours - Botanic Garden road. We are in a block of 6 - yellow, near the industrial estate end. We will continue to stay in Karacali during the hols, but will be popping over regularly to the apts. Let us know if you know where we are and when you are out.
Karen

:hehe: :hehe: :95im: Hi Blue
I have just re-read my posting..... by "let me know when you are out", I mean in Dalaman for meeting up purposes, not for finding out when your property is empty so we can turn the place over ....ha ha

Karen :)

garyad

Our place is behind the Opet garage off the airport road.

Back out on the 4th May and cannot wait.

Hi Gary
Glad to see you still so keen!!! What happened to Fethiye region and poss of selling? Unfortunately we will miss yu in May but may catch up later in the year - don't think youve escaped! you are prob trying to remember who we are. you were somewhat under the weather due to alcohol consumption, and out with your son the last time we saw you, and in the Biz Biz bar the time before.........do I see a pattern emerging?????
Regards
Karen n Paul

garyad

Crawley Karen said:
Hi Gary
Glad to see you still so keen!!! What happened to Fethiye region and poss of selling? Unfortunately we will miss yu in May but may catch up later in the year - don't think youve escaped! you are prob trying to remember who we are. you were somewhat under the weather due to alcohol consumption, and out with your son the last time we saw you, and in the Biz Biz bar the time before.........do I see a pattern emerging?????
Regards
Karen n Paul

You sure that is me? Last time out with the lads was May last year.

If it was then my apologies, I am getting worrried now

Gary

Hi Gary
You've got me thinking now..... it was definitely last May, as the Biz Biz closed shortly afterwards. I'm sure you mentioned something about renting your property out to someone who works at the airport? Apologies if I'm mistaken, but if you have a liverpudlian accent, or similar, I'm right. Just realised your worst nightmare...I think we are out in Dalaman for the first weekend of your stay, so will keep an eye out to say hello.
Take care
Karen

garyad

More of a broad Lancashire than a Liverpudlian accent.

Must have been a heavy night at Biz Biz because I have never even heard of it!

Be good to share an Efes in May, whether it will be our first one I am not too sure

Gary

blue

blue
came back on sat weather was good about 24f. meet up with mike and hillery who live there now on hillside still no golf or sign of marina starting been told it starts in oct back out inearly june for two weeks where on right as you go passed botonic complex is yours one of 48 being built where is the indust site

Hi Blue
Glad the weather is warming up. Industrial estate is at the end of the road that is first right after "Dalaman" supermarket - nearish to plastic palm tree top of town. We are on the road jut before you enter Sinayi Sitesi industrial area - one of 6, and now as good as finished. Are you near the yellow 3 stoey houses?
Karen

Hi There

We are one of the yellow three storey houses but we fall into the village of Serefler-not Karacali. It just gets a bit confusing so I just refer to it as Dalaman rather than Serefler.

Ann & Ray

blue

blue
i am in the area called sogutlurt mahallesi about 15 mins from town i think i am other side i noticed they are now naming & numbering the roads that will make it easier we are near the new pink childrens nursery

penny

Well done Karen on starting up sub-forums on Dalaman.
I'm here at the moment but only for 3 weeks and a lot of changes!
As Blue has posted, all the un-named roads now have names and numbers, plus a lot of roads signs where there are no roads at present, so it looks like more building or easier road links! You are still Ekol Sokak and your house looks fine when I passed by earlier, as is Archie and Judes', they've cleared up the little play area in front of your house.
There's been a bit of building works going on in our area but only villas or small clos' of 3 or 4. But the other end of town going towards the main crossroads for Fethiye and Ortaca, there are some really big contructions rising up.
I went towards Sarigerme yesterday and construction is underway, plus a water pollution system being built for the new complexes.
I must admit that the belideye need to repair nearly all of the roads, they are full of mini craters and makes driving a nightmare.
By the main mosque near the bazaar, the road is full of an array of bedding plants for sale, so any avid gardener coming over soon, you'll know where to go!
That's about all for now, off to Sofra for my dinner!
Penny

Latest Posts

Top Bottom