Thread moved
Hi could someone explain why the thread on the director of Mustafa facing prison has been moved? Thanks

Martyn

Thread moved
I refer you to rule 3 on the forum. Basically the owner of the forums is responsible on the content of the forums and decides what stays on the forums and what goes. If you are not happy about the removal of something please email or pm Mushtaq.

Robert

Thread moved
Hi could someone explain why the thread on the director of Mustafa facing prison has been moved? Thanks

I find it unfortunate and sad that this particular thread has been removed.
Perhaps we should restrict ourselves to talking about the weather.
THIS IS FREE, DEMOCRATIC TURKEY!
Please explain to us all why this censorship has been imposed on this thread.
With respect, Robert.

benim Turkey seni seviyourum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Martyn

Thread moved
I find it unfortunate and sad that this particular thread has been removed.
Perhaps we should restrict ourselves to talking about the weather.
THIS IS FREE, DEMOCRATIC TURKEY!
Please explain to us all why this censorship has been imposed on this thread.
With respect, Robert.

benim Turkey seni seviyourum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Read my post!!!!

Thread moved
I refer you to rule 3 on the forum. Basically the owner of the forums is responsible on the content of the forums and decides what stays on the forums and what goes. If you are not happy about the removal of something please email or pm Mushtaq.

Martyn, I asked a very polite question. You referred me to a rule which relates to criticising moderators decisions. I have not criticised anybody. How can I when I have no decision to refer to or to appeal?

Mushtaq

Founding Member
Thread moved
You are free to post a link to the article, but when the discussion about the subject get heavy then it can cause problems for the forum, anything even slightly critical of Ataturk is not taken lightly in Turkey, and we have to understand that a lot of people read the forum in Turkey.

I would not like anyone of our members (including myself) to land into any problems because of any content on the forum, and before anyone start telling me about free speech and freedom etc. I know all about that but I have to make the decisions to protect the forum.

Hope that is cleared up now.

Thread moved
Sorry, the original posting was about a Turkish film maker facing imprisonment. If you have removed the thread because of this then you are no better than Turkish Courts removing complete access to You Tube to everybody in Turkey because of a few videos that some people did not like. If there were postings that offended the memory of Mustafa Kemal Ataturk,then remove those and restore the thread without them. At least have the decency to say what you have done and why so that members can understand. Otherwise we might as well just discuss the weather.

pineapple1

I Love Kleopatra Beach !
Thread moved
Well i think Mushtag and the moderaters decision should be Final ...end of story .. They know how to run a forum and we would all be sad and lost without it .
As for free speech ....if its thats free then why is the journalist locked up ???
Surely people who want to read about that can do so by reading the paper on line . Ataturk's name is loved by all in Turkey . and rightly so .
on that note i.m off to bed ....nite nite .......Diane

ceemac

Shake It Baby...
Thread moved
Sorry, the original posting was about a Turkish film maker facing imprisonment. If you have removed the thread because of this then you are no better than Turkish Courts removing complete access to You Tube to everybody in Turkey because of a few videos that some people did not like. If there were postings that offended the memory of Mustafa Kemal Ataturk,then remove those and restore the thread without them. At least have the decency to say what you have done and why so that members can understand. Otherwise we might as well just discuss the weather.

Maybe you would have a better grasp of the situation if you were the forum owner and had to consider many things other than just posting a comment?

C

pineapple1

I Love Kleopatra Beach !
Thread moved
Maybe you would have a better grasp of the situation if you were the forum owner and had to consider many things other than just posting a comment?

C

Very well said !!! Perhaps its time to close this one too. ....Diane

Last edited:
Thread moved
After quiet reflection I have to say I was wrong.

It is not possible to moderate a site like this on a post by post basis. This would require a team of moderators working around the clock. The moderators do a good job so I would like to thank them, and apologise. Thank you also to Mushtag for explaining in public why the thread was removed.

The moderators and the owner do have a responsibility to ensure that this site is safe from legal challenge. I would be mortified if any of my postings contributed in any way to it being blocked as so many other sites have. We should be aware that it is probably being monitored by nationists and some may even be posting to it.

I do think it ironic that a posting about censorship in today's Turkey was itself removed, but accept it. I do believe that Turkey's present political situation and its history needs to be examined and debated and hope that the (real) fear of this site being blocked does not make us too timid or too intimidated. Let's just be careful out there.

This is an unsolicted apology. Neither Mushtag nor the moderators have communicated with me, threatened to block me nor requested it.

jcrian

Thread moved
Thankyou for your reply Kirpi. We don't take it lightly to close a thread or move one out of the public domain.

Sometimes it is difficult for us to explain why the action was taken but we have to think of the 'good' of the forum and keep it running smoothly. The forum rules are there to give us all guidelines.

Whatever we do we can't please everyone all the time.

giglets

Thread moved
Kirpi,

Good to see you are appreciating the "bigger picture" in respect of your initial reponse.
This, unfortunately, is the reality in Turkey, rather than as we might want it to be!
Still is a first class Forum - well moderated and as open to different points of view, as you will get here!!

Dave

Latest Posts

Top Bottom