peter the postie

Wer'e not really here
Thomas Crook.. Think before you book!
As some will know my nephew has been trying to find buyers for 2 flights as he and his wife cannot use them.
Well they found buyers. They needed to change the names on the tickets and also alter the booking from a two week stay to a one week stay.

The cost? ... Take a look below and see what your opinion is of Thomas Cook once digested!
Needless to say, the buyers backed out!!!

£25 per person admin fee= £50
£54 difference in fare
£30 per person per flight name change= £120
£2.50 Card transaction charge
Total £226.50

Angela Stansfield

Non Active Member
Absolutely ridiculous. They should make a complaint to Trading Standards. You can download their complaints form online from their website.

Disgusting! so now Thomas Crook will sell the seats again!

Only if the tickets are cancelled, this happened to me twice last year when I could not sell a ticket so both times I flew with an empty seat next to me rather than cancel and let TC sell the seat again.

Jan & Stu

I changed the name on a ticket that I'd booked with Goldtrail yesterday and got charged £65! Last summer when I tried to change a flight back from Bodrum for one a week later the charges were so ridiculous that in the end I booked two flights back with First Choice for far less money, and then didn't tell Goldtrail that I wasn't turning up for their flight, so that they wouldn't be able to sell the seats again.
All these airlines are robbing b******s!

yalicat

I appreciate where you are coming from and I would do the same thing but I thought that all airlines overbooked seats because they expect a certain amount of no shows on all flights.

peter the postie

Wer'e not really here
Last summer when I tried to change a flight back from Bodrum for one a week later the charges were so ridiculous that in the end I booked two flights back with First Choice for far less money, and then didn't tell Goldtrail that I wasn't turning up for their flight, so that they wouldn't be able to sell the seats again.
All these airlines are robbing b******s!

Thats exactly what my nephew will do. They will lose £419 in all, but there's no way these robbong bas****s are going to gain even more!
Originally the buyer was happy to pay the name change themselves, but obviously Thomas Cook have made the change impossible.

flowerpotman

No Clique just Creak
I agree with the overbooking statement. i paid for 3 to travel out but only 2 went. i stated at airport that 2 were going ( one with broken collar bone) good we get a seat in between us i thought wrong sold seats together and then got passanger next to us.

Harem

I've cliqued
Oh well, they won't be selling my unusable ticket on as I shan't tell them that we won't be using it now.

ZiaCa'

Oh well, they won't be selling my unusable ticket on as I shan't tell them that we won't be using it now.

Good idea.. this is what you would save:

If you need to cancel your booking we will charge 100% of the booking cost plus a £25/€29.00 administration charge if documentation for insurance purposes is required. Flythomascook.com does not allow part cancellations to passengers, dates, times or routes of any flight.

peter the postie

Wer'e not really here
Surely you took the time to read their Terms & Conditions before booking ? :wink:

Especially the section headed : Charges for changes made by you to a flight booking prior to travel.

Fly Thomas Cook | Terms and Conditions

Its hardly the point is it though? .. You book a holiday intending to go, so how many of us actually look at those conditions when we book?

Out of interest the conclusion of this was that the buyers backed out, and re booked at a total cost of £408. My nephew loses £419, and Thomas Cook have lost out too really because if they weren't so greedy the buyers would have paid them the £120 name change fee.

Martyn

Its hardly the point is it though? .. You book a holiday intending to go, so how many of us actually look at those conditions when we book?

Out of interest the conclusion of this was that the buyers backed out, and re booked at a total cost of £408. My nephew loses £419, and Thomas Cook have lost out too really because if they weren't so greedy the buyers would have paid them the £120 name change fee.

And they get a bad name from it. I would take all this in consideration as I have never used them before and given a choice I would go elsewhere.

ZiaCa'

And they get a bad name from it. I would take all this in consideration as I have never used them before and given a choice I would go elsewhere.

I think all these airlines are much of a muchness... it's not until you have problems, need to make changes etc that we realise this.

There isn't much choice in terms of airlines during winter months. Only TC and THY fly London - Dalaman.

THY booked me on the wrong day once! I asked them to listen to the recording of my reservation to confirm this, which they did and apologised, but refused to refund that leg of my trip because it was an 'Award' ticket! I was 'lucky' in my misfortune that they had made the booking for a day later....

Mushroom

Basically, they are all as bad and the expectation I have now is that I am going to be charged whatever price initially, then come the 'add ons' and finally in the event of problems, we are quoted the 'terms and conditions' which we should in reality be aware of from the outset but if we are to be honest, we are too pre-occupied with other things.

We moan when we don't like the way they treat us and rightly so, but then for the next flights we look at them again !
In short they have got us exactly where they want us.

Guz1

I think they can sell your tickets to standby passengers if you don't check in on time, so not telling them you won't be using the ticket might inconvenience them but it doesn't prevent them filling the seat. We once asked Ryanair to let us use the luggage allowance of someone who couldn't travel with us but no chance.

Pete: Can't your nephew claim back the taxes on the unused tickets?

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
Don't forget that KTHY have regular services throughout the year from Manchester and Stansted to Dalaman.

nanamo

We had a run in with Goldtrail last year. We bought 3 tickets and then added another person a few weeks later. The new ticket was considerably more but then we expected that. What we didnt expect was to get a phone call advising that the new passenger was going to get bumped off. When we enquired why we were told it was because the price had gone up and we basically had two options - to pay another £35 for the same seat or to have our payment refunded. I searched the net and found a seat with another tour op for less so I booked that and requested my money back from Goldtrail. I did receive some money back but it was less £6 ' 'handling fee'. When I spoke to a rep from ABTA I was told this practice of reselling the seats at a higher price was illegal especially as I had received the invoice but as I had no record of the conversation with Goldtrail I had no proof. I think its a terrible way to treat clients especially repeat customers.

Harem

I've cliqued
I think they can sell your tickets to standby passengers if you don't check in on time, so not telling them you won't be using the ticket might inconvenience them but it doesn't prevent them filling the seat. We once asked Ryanair to let us use the luggage allowance of someone who couldn't travel with us but no chance.

Pete: Can't your nephew claim back the taxes on the unused tickets?

Well in that case I shall tell him to check in, with 20 kilos of luggage which was paid for, and then walk out. His son and wife can share the extra 20 kilos between them.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom