Rainey

This will upset some of you
I just wanted to say how useful this website has been in the last 6 months while I have been doing extensive research on moving over and buying a property. I also made a few buddies I was able to meet recently. How-ever lately it seems to be being hi-jacked by a few people putting on inane rubbish, every- one likes a laugh me included but the extent of these posts seems to be spoiling it a bit. These individuals are very priviliged living in such a wonderful country, why not enjoy it rather than sit in front of this screen most of the time.

Last edited:

ukizook

I just wanted to say how useful this website has been in the last 6 months while I have been doing extensive research on moving over and buying a property. I also made a few buddies I was able to meet recently. How-ever lately it seems to be being hi-jacked by a few people putting on inane rubbish, every- one likes a laugh me included but the extent of these posts seems to be spoiling it a bit. These individuals are very priviliged living in such a wonderful country, why not enjoy it rather than sit in front of this screen most of the time.

But what about those of us who don't live in the wonderfull country [ I asume your talking about Turkey] :roundgrin

JET

Rainey has a good point.

I think our resident poll designer should investigate where and at what time the inane or indeed the negative remarks start to generate. Those coming from the UK are perhaps influenced by the elements of adverse weather, drink, flight just been changed, or daily domestic disputes - and are only to be expected.

Alternatively, those originating from the Turkish element; bathed in sand, sunshine, sunburn and social deprivation (Bookies, Bingo and Belhaven Best) need to be deeply analysed and researched.

Quite right Rainey! Let`s get rid of the Grumpys.

PS
You`re not `the` Rainy from Bexhill on Sea - My Ian has told me all about you......(lol) - He said that when he was in the forces it was always rainy in B-O-S. Oops! jusht dropped me bottle...(lol)

Last edited:

ceemac

Shake It Baby...
I can only think of one person you could be referring to - and you shouldn't really talk about a moderator like that - he'll only ban you :hehe::hehe:

Seriously though, there was a post not so long ago saying the very same thing. You've just got to sort the wheat out from the chaff - some people like the type of posts you refer to.

There are so many different types of members here - some like only Turkey related posts, and others like an assortment of issues they can discuss - that's why Mushtaq has created forum areas such as the cafe, back room, padded room, news & views from outside of Turkey etc.

As soon as you see it's a subject that doesn't interest you, just ignore it - that's what I do and the amazing thing is it works!!

Enjoy...

C

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
Rainey, are you suggesting the Café, Back-Room and padded Room should be cut out?

I agree with you that if serious subjects are hijacked and taken off topic, I find that very irritating; if things are kept in their place there is no reason for anyone to be upset by any subject.

Ian

Harem

I've cliqued
I think Rainey is getting a little frustrated because her move to Turkey is taking (to her) a very long time. She is desperate to get out here on a permanent basis and because of this everything else is getting blown up out of proportion. I am sure we all know how it feels and I am sure we have all suffered the frustration at some time and taken it out in other areas. Never mind Rainey, I am sure your move will come before too long. Until then concentrate on making your plans and enjoy the inane humour that crops up now and again. At the moment it is far too hot to be out and about over here and the best place is in front of the computer with the air con on!!!!!

Peregrine

theres always the "ignore" feature that you can activate so you dont see posts by certain people. it helps but doesnt solve the problem

its probably best to take the advice of ceemac and just ignore it.

The forum is a curious phenomenon - it allows acces to all, and allows ananonymity to those that choose it (you included) so giving many the freedom to post things they might otherwise not. The way round that is to insist on real names and real photos

The real trick is to sort out the real information (that is relevant to you) and ignore the rest.

In fact some people obviously come on here for the wittty banter and might object to keeping everything pc and "on topic"

Rainey

Thanks guys, you were not too vicious with me, Harem you are right on one count, and I do like the debates etc, but there are some posts from certain rooms that maybe would be better off now going altermatically onto the home page, If people want those sort of posts they can go into that room to see them.I just feel its getting a bit cluttered. Some are also too vicious or violent. I seem to be having to ignore more and more, that was my comment.

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
there are some posts from certain rooms that maybe would be better off now going altermatically onto the home page, If people want those sort of posts they can go into that room to see them.

The home page ? I'm not with you.

theres always the "ignore" feature that you can activate so you dont see posts by certain people. it helps but doesnt solve the problem

its probably best to take the advice of ceemac and just ignore it.

The forum is a curious phenomenon - it allows acces to all, and allows ananonymity to those that choose it (you included) so giving many the freedom to post things they might otherwise not. The way round that is to insist on real names and real photos

The real trick is to sort out the real information (that is relevant to you) and ignore the rest.

In fact some people obviously come on here for the wittty banter and might object to keeping everything pc and "on topic"

tch tch..you put 'real' three times in two consecutive sentences..now thats what i call irritating. huymph :horn:

I find that in general serious subjects are treated with due respect. OK occasionally the subject is high-jacked.

Compared to some forums the threads do stay close to the original post.

maggie

This is a open Forum where people have the choice to more or less discuss what they like.!!!
The backroom and the cafe are the lighthearted parts where one is free to enter and generally have the Craic.!!!!!
More seriuos subjects are discussed on other threads.
If you dont like what you read ignore it.!!!!!!

Life is not about everything being in straight lines,sometimes things take a twist or curve as is this Forum.

I like to think I can have a laugh and joke with my TLF cyber pals it brightens peoples days.To take things tooo seriously is no good for you at all.!!!!

I mean in public a debate takes on many different forms,serious,funny,informative ,and sometimes just down right rude.!!!!So it is with this forum.

Dont ever change it its Ace.!!!!!

Hugs Maggie xxxxxxx

ZiaCa'

A saying comes to mind "A good library will contain something to offend everybody"...

This is the nature of a Forum, it reflects human nature, we are ALL different!

Initially I found some posts/threads irritating, but now I just click out of anything that is not of interest or has taken a turn and I no longer want to read that thread.

Last edited:

Martyn

A similar sort of thread has been on here before, as people have said just ignore it. There are things that peeve me and if I posted about it it would probably irritate others. I deal with them in my own way. I have two people on my ignore list so i don't see their posts which can be a bit frustrating because the flow of some threads take a hit. It's a free speech forum and providing the rules aren't broken anything goes. If all that was ever discussed was about Turkey the forum would die and certainly long standing members would probably leave.

Bubskar

I have to agree with others. I don't know about highjacking threads but if there is something you are not interested in you should ignore and move on. At least this forum gives you a chance to preview a new thread thereby giving you the option to read and/or join in.

For my part, as I have probably mentioned before somewhere, I prefer the Cafe and the lighter banter of the forum. As much as I sympathise with people who have either got problems where they feel they have been dealt a bad hand or had a "ripped off" experience and just want to bemoan everything about Turkey, including Tapu probs, quite frankly I am not at all interested, so my point is I just skip these threads.

This forum is a democratic one, else I wouldn't have joined, and hope that it remains one.

Mushroom

I can't see why anyone should get upset about anything.

Read the posts you think might be interesting, and leave the ones out that aren't your cup of tea.
Make a contribution if you see fit and leave it alone if you don't.

At the end of the day, you enter a forum and take pot luck as to what you might or might not read, but so long as the post is in the right section and isn't going on and on without getting anywhere, the rest is up to the individual.

Top Bottom