Maria-s

Thinking of moving
Thinking of Relocating to Altinkum
Any advice would be welcome as I am thinking of moving to Altinkum from the UK. I am new to this forum and I would really like to meet new people and find out what the lifestyle in Altinkum is like for a British woman on her own. 😎:bigkiss: :eyeye: :307bt:

jif

Re: Relocation

Hi and welcome to the forum. There is lots of people on here with a range of views that are all valuable. We have been coming here for twenty one years and have lived here for one. It has some lovely people here and also some not so nice.
Life is what you make it here, for us it's about slowing down a bit and enjoying each and every day.you never know what's around the corner. Good luck in whatever you decide

Can

i think it somewhat depends on how old you are and what do you expect from life. (generally speaking)

Hi and welcome to the forum. My advise would be, research, research, and more research, especially if you are thinking of buying here. Ask all the questions that you can think of and then some more.
Good luck whatever you decide.

Mary.

Maria-s

Thinking of moving

Thanks for the reply. Is there any advice you can offer as l have decided l will move to Altinkum

Maria-s

Thinking of moving

Can you tell me if it is a simple process to get the Deeds when buying?

My advice - rent for at least 6 months before you buy!!! You then have time to suss out the area you really want to live in, you can get a feel for local rather than tourist prices, you'll get to know people and can get the lowdown on local emlaks - all without any commitment other than a months notice. Living in Turkey is very, very different from holidaying here; if you find it's not for you, at least you won't have lost money, as so many do.

I've been renting since 2005 and have no intention of buying - want to spend my money and my declining years in having a good time!!! And yes, I'm a single woman living alone with not a waiter in sight!!!

Saoirse

My advice - rent for at least 6 months before you buy!!! You then have time to suss out the area you really want to live in, you can get a feel for local rather than tourist prices, you'll get to know people and can get the lowdown on local emlaks - all without any commitment other than a months notice. Living in Turkey is very, very different from holidaying here; if you find it's not for you, at least you won't have lost money, as so many do.

I've been renting since 2005 and have no intention of buying - want to spend my money and my declining years in having a good time!!! And yes, I'm a single woman living alone with not a waiter in sight!!!

Single woman, living alone, with a few quid..................

Hello Tiger! I am a retired model, stripper and ex Chippendale looking to settle in Turkey. Any chance of subbing me the fare to get out there and then maybe crash out for a few years at your pad

beyazbayan

As suggested don't rush into buying rent for a while get to know the area and the people. You usually need to apply for military clearance to buy but İ believe it has been speeded up - used to take at least six months. Make sure the tapu to the property is debt free as you buy the debt with the property. Do this before you part with any monies - then have the Tapu deposited with your bank so that no-one can raise monies on it whilst you wait for your sale to complete. Ensure the property has a habitation certificate and if you are told anything you do not feel comfortable with COME HERE AND ASK there are so many knowledgeble and good people who will advise you and prevent you being conned. Do not buy off plan and as said research reseach and again research.

Re the waiters make sure he's good looking if you do decide to dip your toe in the water then ask to see his kimlik if it says Evli he's married run.

croftj

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

I would defietely rent first for 6 months - year and then decide if it's for you as this would give you time to get a feel for the place and decide where you want to live

Also go on the Absolutely Altinkum forum (when its back on line) as you will get plenty of good advice from people who live in Altinkum/Didim permanently or for extended spells

Good luck with whatever you decide

clark

Any advice would be welcome as I am thinking of moving to Altinkum from the UK. I am new to this forum and I would really like to meet new people and find out what the lifestyle in Altinkum is like for a British woman on her own. 😎:bigkiss: :eyeye: :307bt:
Or you could relocate to Blackpool instead, its almost the same. lol

Single woman, living alone, with a few quid..................

Hello Tiger! I am a retired model, stripper and ex Chippendale looking to settle in Turkey. Any chance of subbing me the fare to get out there and then maybe crash out for a few years at your pad

Sorry darlin', if you're retired you're too old for me! I need 'em young and fit with a regular change-over! And no over-nights or breakfasts!!!!!!

Ps Philip, I love you really!

Saoirse

But when I said retired I meant from the Chippendales

We retire at 27

Saoirse

Errrrm

When I said I retired at 27 I didn't mean years I meant stone

Scotty

For a lady on her own I would suggest that you contact the Didim Friendship Circle on Facebook as they meet on a Thursday afternoon (I think) and organise a social life for themselves.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom