Freedom 49

No fun if it's too easy!
Thinking of coming to Turkey?
I wonder what advice our members can offer.

I will start with a gentle one.

Don't expect to be served hot food in a restaurant.

Oh dear! You must be going to the wrong restaurants. :(

Plenty of good restaurants around Side serving traditional Turkish or European foods if that's what you prefer.
Beautifully cooked, well presented and hot when they're set upon your table. :smile:

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
Oh dear! You must be going to the wrong restaurants. :(

Plenty of good restaurants around Side serving traditional Turkish or European foods if that's what you prefer.
Beautifully cooked, well presented and hot when they're set upon your table. :smile:

Actually, I don't care, but I hear a lot of visitors and Brits moaning about it.

Akasya

Postless Pointer
This year , Hassans at at Tuzla , Recep's grub was nice and hot , as were the plates . Yelken Gardens at Bogazici the same , we waited for the Curries to cool down , even the flat breads were too hot to touch... result .

Steve

Tenpin

The Yorkshireman
If you hire a car, don't expect the turkish to follow the rules.

There is something that looks like a hard shoulder......but that's for them to drive the wrong way on your side of the road.

Traffic lights seem to be 'advisory' for a number of drives, cars and scooters.

shash

shash
If you hire a car, don't expect the turkish to follow the rules.

There is something that looks like a hard shoulder......but that's for them to drive the wrong way on your side of the road.

Traffic lights seem to be 'advisory' for a number of drives, cars and scooters.

Oh yes definitely agree with that.

shash

shash
In and around Alanya there is hot food cold food whatever you want and smokers are in there too along with the alcohol drinkers. Everyone gets on fine with it.

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
If you hire a car check that they don't have surprise charges at the end. When we took one back with a friend recently they wanted 30TL to clean it.

Maisie

The original post here was once not too far from the truth. Our first visit to Turkey was a number of year ago when we stayed at Icmeler. Many funny incidents as they hadn't quite got their heads around tourism then.

On our last night, we went to a really nice looking restaurant on the main (although a dirt road) thoroughfare. We opted for crispy liver for starters. The thinking there was that if it was dodgy, we were on the way home tomorrow and could sort it out in the UK. After about twenty minutes a very apologetic waiter appeared at our table to ask did we want the liver hot or cold? As he left, Dave said I wonder if they will come back and ask us if we want it raw or cooked?

Maisie

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
Albanian liver (Arnavut ciğeri) is served cooked but cold, and is a very delicious meze.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom