frys delight

thinking of buying this bar ?
Hi to all does anyone know the riva diva bar in altinkum i am not familiar with the area is it any good...thanks

Gin&Tonic

İts quite a popular place, down a side road just near the beach. There of lots of bars, restaurants and hotels around that area. Seems to be a favourite of younger people.

Tess

Seems to be quite popular, quite a few from our complex use it, its not too far from us. Personally I have never been in it myself, I'm more a Diva than a Riva, but my girls have and they had a good time, I think from memory they do Karaoke etc. Some folks who stayed in our place in August went there most evenings. Sorry I don't know anything more, some of the folks on here who live in Altinkum may be able to tell you more.

mike dj

Do you mean Riva bar on 2nd beach or Riva Diva bar of Karakol Cad by Big Nose Erics,big difference in these two bars. Check out these bars yourself and make sure its for you . Mike

Tess

almost sure it is the one by Big Nose Mike dj, its not the one at 2nd beach - methinks!

would be best to check out personally, would be better I think

I agree with Number6. More businesses fail than succeed and starting a business in Turkey with work permit and other beaurocracy problems is a mug's game for a foreigner.

bebs

Hi to all does anyone know the riva diva bar in altinkum i am not familiar with the area is it any good...thanks
was in it once , only customers there that night .Walked by it two weeks ago not doing any business would not recommend it =Bebs

bobthenob

Non Active Member
lnstead of buying a burden that will tie you down with worries.Why not put the money in a high interest account here in Turkey and watch the money grow without the long hours you have to put in to run a bar

You will probably get a better return on your money in a Turkish bank account or Gov. bonds & less hassle rather than trying to set up & run a business in Turkey as a Yabanci.

howardian

Hi you have probaly seen this bar for sale on e bay for £12.000 think why are they selling on e bay this bar has been for sale on other web sites for £260.000 i walked past the bar two weeks ago and it wos closed it is near second beach think hard

you dont buy the bar most are on seasonal lease.then you might have to pay monthly rent then there all the setting up cost.then the paperwork.it goes on and on.you can own the bar doesnt mean you can work there .i wouldnt go in to bussiness here no way my cousin did and lost 65000 pounds.and had to go back the uk.

MrFOG

Well this is interesting to me as its something me and the wife have been wanting to do, until my wife saw a lovely villa in a different resort and now wants us to move there instead.

I replied to a member on here who was selling her bar in Altinkum for £25k. She is a Brit and her and her Turkish boyfriend want to sell up so she can come back to the UK to see her grandkids. What concerns me a bit is that they have only had the bar for 4 months so I'm not sure how reliable the figures of profit would be. It's all a bit of a gamble I guess. Plus, the lease is for just 3 years which costs £5000 but you have rent, tax, licences and so on on top of that, and stock of course. So paying £20k for 4 months goodwill of a cafe/bar seems a bit steep to me. How do sellers arrive at these figures I wonder? Does that mean they made £5000 profit every month if in the 4 months they're had it they now want £25k for it? I get confused by it all.

Well this is interesting to me as its something me and the wife have been wanting to do, until my wife saw a lovely villa in a different resort and now wants us to move there instead.

I replied to a member on here who was selling her bar in Altinkum for £25k. She is a Brit and her and her Turkish boyfriend want to sell up so she can come back to the UK to see her grandkids. What concerns me a bit is that they have only had the bar for 4 months so I'm not sure how reliable the figures of profit would be. It's all a bit of a gamble I guess. Plus, the lease is for just 3 years which costs £5000 but you have rent, tax, licences and so on on top of that, and stock of course. So paying £20k for 4 months goodwill of a cafe/bar seems a bit steep to me. How do sellers arrive at these figures I wonder? Does that mean they made £5000 profit every month if in the 4 months they're had it they now want £25k for it? I get confused by it all.

Apologies to the owner of the bar but Mr Fog please don't do it!!!!! £5000 profit every month? Get real! It's hard enough running a business if you're a Turk or have a Turkish spouse/partner, and you only have to look round any town to see the evidence of failure. The killer is the Stoppage tax and the excruciatingly large amounts charged by accountants. Buy the villa! relax and have fun!!

mike dj

Mr Fog just forget a bar, a buisness of any kind ,they come they go , your original Riva Diva has had many owners over last few years ,including a friend of mine.Too many Bars in Altikum same as other resorts in Turkey . My friend is now back in U.K. a wiser person .
Take a walk around and count how many places are closed not just for season but because nobody wans to rent them . I have counted 30 + in Altinkum . Please listen to advice or you will be very sorry .Mike

eileen

for every ones information it is me that is seliing riva diva bar and it is for sale at £230.000 with the office as well and no it is not for lease or rent i want to sell it
hope this clears things up if u want more info please e mail me and dont listen to gossip

eileen

ps mike there has only been one owner ME in the last 7 years and i have been renting it out

MrFOG

No Eilenn pet, I wasn't discussing your restaurant. The bar I was talking about was ther one in Aaltinkum that the member Mintyk is trying to sell. She put it up for sale some weeks back as she wants to go back to the UK for her grandkids.

I take on board what members say about buying a buisness in Turkey and we're now buying a villa in stead anyway. I just was interested that it was possible to earn £5000 profit a month, and I suppose it does seem a lot. I wouldn't jack in a business that brought me those returns after just 4 months of running it but when she said she was going back for her grandkids and wanted her Turkish boyfriend to go to the UK it made sense to me.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom