lorraine

Non Active Member
Things to do and sights to see around Bodrum
What is there to do in Bodrum other than dipping in the pool or sea and soaking in the sun?
What places are of interest cultural, etc.. I am sure that the views are spectacular, but what do you all do when the touring the area, what do you see?

kaplumba

Re: Things to do and sights to see...

Bodrum castle is amazing, built from stones taken from one of the 7 wonders of the worLd. The glass exhibition is spectacular. The sailing there is pretty good too.

lynne

If you want to see a bit of Bodrum Castle here in the UK go to the British Museum.We Brits 'borrowed' the best bits......The carved stone pictures that went around the walls !
Lynne

sarahxx

Hi, does anyone know which day of the week the hovercraft goes to Kos during the winter?
Thanks all
Sarah

Not wanting to seem pedantic, but their isn't a hover craft to Kos.

Theres a Hydrofoil but that doesn't run during the winer, the ferry runs monday, wednesday and friday.

biggles

biggles

just a quick note, we went on the ferry in the summer, and i think i counted 3 hydrafoils overtaking us en route to kos. also when you go on ferry you can buy tickets for a coach trip roundthe island which drops you off at a greek village for lunch and shopping ,then drops you back in town with plenty of time to walk round before ferry goes back , i think you are there total of 5 hours if you go by ferry ,longer if hydra

bodruman

Hi Guys,

I just would like to mention about an abonded village of Bodrum. It is called "Sandima" and just 5 minutes driving / 15 minutes walking away from Yalıkavak Center. As you know their is a road junction just by the Bus Station / behind the municipality. If you keep the road that goes up to the mountain side (south) it will take you the old abonded turkish village of "Sandima" There are old fountains, stone houses (few of them are demolished), cemetary ...etc At the entrance of the village there is an art gallery as well. There is only 1 family lives there. I heard that at the beginning of the 1900's the villagers moved down the flat area and they founded Yalıkavak. Very nice trekking route with History, old life styles ..etc

I forgot to mention in my previous message regarding Pedesa. It is just up to the konacık. you can not get there by car. You need walk like about 20 minutes. It is a 3000 years old lelegian city in the pine forest. It is being excavated at the moment. Up from the Pedesa Castle, the view provides to see Torba and Bitez/Bodrum side. I think it is one of the unique point where you can see the north and south sides of the Peninsula.

Another undiscovered place is Peynir Çiçeği Cave. When you driving from Torba to Gundoğan, just before Gundoğan you can see a small / rusty sign that point the cave. The archeologists declared that it was first used 5000 years ago!!! On the same route there is a ruin of an monastry but I can not remember its name at the moment.

Last edited by a moderator:

spot

could anyone advise where the aqua-park in bodrum is situated.
also the cost for entry, is there parking available.
thanks

I think the park is on the way to the airport you can see it on the left

thingthong

Hi Getting100

The aqua park is opposite Metro/Kippa ,Aquapark is located on the Bodrum -Turgutreis highway,8km from the centre

There is no water park near the airport

ADULTS 39 TL

STUDENT 33 TL (Student ID card must be shown)

CHILD (7-12) 19.50 TL

INFANT (0-6) FREE

parking is all free

ADULTS 39 TL

CHILD (7-12) 19.50 TL

INFANT (0-6) FREE

kemerkid

________

Just a heads up for residents of the Bodrum peninsular, the Bodrum Belediye are holding a First Aid seminar tomorrow (Monday) at 2pm. It will be conducted in English and all are welcome. My wife and I are going to try to get there but we have a heavy scedule and are not certain to make it. To all who do go, I hope you find it useful if for no other reason than a get together.

Hi Getting100

The aqua park is opposite Metro/Kippa ,Aquapark is located on the Bodrum -Turgutreis highway,8km from the centre

ADULTS 39 TL

CHILD (7-12) 19.50 TL

INFANT (0-6) FREE

parking is all free

ADULTS 39 TL

CHILD (7-12) 19.50 TL

INFANT (0-6) FREE

There is parking but be sure to go as soon as it opens to get a shady sunbed and shade for the car. It doesn't usually open until June though and closes in September. Its a shame it isn't open earlier as a lot of visitors are there at the old Whitsun holiday. Lovely day out for the children though.

C

ChristineP

Hi Getting100

ADULTS 39 TL

CHILD (7-12) 19.50 TL

INFANT (0-6) FREE

parking is all free

ADULTS 39 TL

CHILD (7-12) 19.50 TL

INFANT (0-6) FREE

.........and free for the over-60's too (show passport or driving licence)

hi ChristineP I stand corrected what is that on the right coming from the airport it looks like there are water slides when you go past

tjd

hi ChristineP I stand corrected what is that on the right coming from the airport it looks like there are water slides when you go past

It's a fancy hotel. I can't remember the name.

jakkigers

Eccleston/Konacik

It's a fancy hotel. I can't remember the name.

That would be the Kervansaray which is on your right as you're travelling to Bodrum from the airport.

Jak xx

thingthong

That would be the Kervansaray which is on your right as you're travelling to Bodrum from the airport.

Jak xx

Yes Jak

Its defintely the Kervansaray hotel,great water slides too.Its the hotel before the RIXOS Hotel.

T.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom