Bahar

Time is precious
The Wrong Type of Tourist?
The reputation of some Brits abroad has yet again raised its ugly head with headline-grabbing incidents at popular resorts in southwest Turkey. This has prompted some visitors and Turkish people to conclude that Turkey is attracting the wrong type of tourist. But why is this and what can be done to curb the growing trend?

The Wrong Type of Tourist? - Hurriyet Daily News and Economic Review

Can't help but agree with this article....................

teresa

Free Thinker
“If only they were all as pleasant and harmless as they used to be,” she said. Of course the majority are, but those who aren’t put the rest to shame.

That quote from the article says it all really - no-one is interested in the majority as they are boring and don't make news..

I have been to Turkey many times and now bought a place there. Hand on heart I can say I for one have never felt the need to go get an English breakfast, although we had ONE bought for us by Turkish friends on ONE occassion. I would never have dream't of going looking for one.
As for the burger and chips thats not my idea of food yukkk !!
But on the other hand I dont eat spicy foods peppers, veg, or anything else in that range. Just give me a nice steak and some salad or some fresh grilled fish yummmmmmm !!
We always go all inclusive in hotels and never drink until after evening meals then at most maybe only 5 vodkas then bed lol !!

So i guess we are the boring Brits....... sorryyyyyyyy !!

Just a shame we all get tarred with the same brush really.

crystalclear

You know, some blame lies with the locals, they seem to encourage bad behavior. They should not serve half naked people in restaurants nor allow them on buses. Traders should not cry out "Cheap shite" in the market and watersport workers nor wear sex-innuendo printed tee-shirts.

Big Paul

Moved at last
I'd like to see the security people on the door at the supermarkets turning people away who are not covered appropriately.
Is it some kind of thrill seeking to go food shopping more than half naked?

littledave

littledave
i think that some brits do give the rest of us a bad name but the turks dont get a mention when the lady brits who they encourage to drink so they can take advantage of, so to me its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. my daughter has just turned 15 and the arguments i had in kusadasi when the men were making remarks to her.we should do a deal with them the odd few brits who drink and get rowdy ,stop drinking and the turks who act like they have never seen a girl before and trying to mate with everyone they talk to, they stop. and we will all live in harmony!!! job done:114mf:

Bibby

Ferretbrain
One problem is that the bars and restaurants make their money on the booze. SO, the more that people drink, the more they get drunk. Therefore their behaviour is more likely to be bad. And, yes I agree, half naked people should be told it's unacceptable and comments like 'Cheap Shite" don't help. I think it's very sad. But while people are making money from the louts, I doubt they will discourage them.

I do wish the locals might see that whereas places like Hisaronu are [I think] a lost cause and thousands of cheapo-tourists may still come, places such as as kayakoy may eventually be ruined and the "soft" tourists who like peace, quiet and culture and who are prepared to pay good money for it, will be driven out by the yobs and their shillings.

zuberdust

IM THE BESTEST :)
thats all brits do aborad! there was a glasgow rangers match in germany the other day and they fans after the game, put washing powder in one of the water fountains in the main square!......have to give the UK a bad name always

Not all of course but when in comes to the dress thing I think it's just about the majority. Well, perhaps it's about even-stevens. Drive through Hisaronu.

Yesterday in Didim I saw an British family, near IS Bank walking down Attaturk B. The 2 men were in shorts with no tops on and the woman (probably mid 40's to early 50's) was parading around in a bikini!! No shorts or t-shirt to cover up, nothing but a shoulder bag! I was flabbergasted to say the least. Awful.

val2661

I have seen this more and more in Alanya this year and also men walking about in just speedo swimming shorts!!!!!! However, I do think that a lot of the people I see are Russian and not British. I think that it is not only the British who come away on holiday with no thought at all of the Country or the culture that they are visiting. Today in the market I saw a woman walking round in a bikini with just a see through wrap round her bottom.

Val

I do wish the locals might see that whereas places like Hisaronu are [I think] a lost cause and thousands of cheapo-tourists may still come, places such as as kayakoy may eventually be ruined and the "soft" tourists who like peace, quiet and culture and who are prepared to pay good money for it, will be driven out by the yobs and their shillings.
We bought in Fethiye and spend most of our time there.
Whenever we have visited Olu Deniz we have always gone straight through Hisaronu on the dolmus but as our daughter is a bit "bling" ,decided to stop off there.
It was like entering a different country with a different race and culture!!
You could have been just anywhere and my last guess might have been Turkey Lol.
Its like a mini "Centre Park" with its own fair,tattoo and bling shops and BARS!!!
You could have imagined the Brits had invaded and deported the Turks to find the Greeks.
My daughter got ten marriage proposals, 6 indecent suggestions what she could do with her rather ample bosom,5 offers of immediate copulation and countless babies and 6 diamond ring offers in the half mile long street in half an hour and ALL from TURKISH men.
It was great to return down the hill into Fethiye and see some real Turkish people again.

Funny but my tongue was doing that too Lol
Glad my eyes were lasered some years ago!!
No wonder your dog needs glasses haha
:happy::happy:

zozatky

Wrong type of tourist Pt 2

Attachments

• securedownload.jpg
    securedownload.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 54
  • securedownload1.jpg
    securedownload1.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 52