Expat

Billy
The worst builder in Yalikavak
Please contact me in you are considering buying a new build in Yalikavak this builder is leaving a lot of people out of pocket and unable to get our tapu's unless we pay him thousands of pounds one day I will name him on the site but at the moment I can't but if you want to contact me privately I will give you his details please check before you buy he has ripped off 20 people to my knowledge

PASH

Yet another, just add him to the list! I feel very sorry for you, alot of us have been in the same boat, its nothing more that blatant blackmail. Hope you manage to sort things out in your favour though i fear not!

How can the builders get away with this?
If you are asked to pay a lot more money to get your Tapu by the builder what choices do you have?

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
How can the builders get away with this?
If you are asked to pay a lot more money to get your Tapu by the builder what choices do you have?

That just about answers your question, because they have the Tapu and you seemingly have no choice. It is so sad when people go out with their hard earned cash and want to buy their dream place in the sun and Turkey is such a beautiful country and then there is the Tapu problem, let's hope that with all that we have read recently on threads that the Tapu problems will get sorted.

Last edited:

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Our experience has been a very positive one, we've got our Tapu Mulkyeti, but there are so many threads where there are unfortunate people whose dream has turned into nightmares and I can only sympathise with them it has to be so very traumatic for them. I don't know what they can do, at the moment there are so many fighting for their Tapu, their deeds to their homes.

bobthenob

Non Active Member
There are ways to get what is rightfully yours without being held to ransom.
Report this matter to the estate agents association and the papers,also report this to the tax office,as well as the authorities,[jardarma,police,court prosecution office etc]He is most likely now using the buyers as finding the rest of the money to make up for the loans he has to pay to the banks that are holding these tapu's as collateral.Or maybe he just will not bother paying the loans,where the banks have the right to sieze the properties.
lt is best to report this as soon as possible.
Please remember.it is only the tax of 3% you only pay to have the tapu in your hand.lf he is asking for more,you must report him

pebble

Sound advice from Bob, just start a campaign and bombard every known entity, including the various minitries......... start with the tapu office, try to form a group. i think it will take everyone banding together. it would be nice if you could just storm the place, the problem is that you guys are all out at different times. take an interpreter with you, preferably a "yabanci" who is fluent in turkish, there are several in the bodrum area, dont be afraid to pay for their services. dont bother with lawyers they wont want to ruffle any feathers.

good luck........

PASH

Just as an after thought, find out if he has any loans against your property and consider getting a lawyer to place a protection order on your property to secure it.

My contract states that I have to pay the 3% tax, who do I pay this to? is it the builder from whom I bought?

I dont have my military clearance yet but I do know that 2 of the owners in our block have and they have been asked by the builder for 2,700 TL each for the Tapu.

Last edited:

PASH

I would ask your builder for a breakdown of what the 2700 YTL is for. Also check the contract as some state that the 3% is payable by one party, others state it is shared 50/50 by purchaser and seller. Normally the tax is paid at the time of getting your Tapu. Make sure the tax you pay represents the value of the property. Do you have a lawyer acting for you?

bobthenob

Non Active Member
My contract states that I have to pay the 3% tax, who do I pay this to? is it the builder from whom I bought?

I dont have my military clearance yet but I do know that 2 of the owners in our block have and they have been asked by the builder for 2,700 TL each for the Tapu.

lf your property is the value of what that 3 percent of tax is,then that is OK.lf your property is just under the 100,000ytl then that is roughly the 3 percent the builder is asking,2,700ytl.
But on the tapu,where it states the price[which will be a lot less then the bought price]that's the figure to be taken from of 3 percent.lf it states 30,000ytl,the tax will be 300ytl.
If l am wrong,please can someone come along and correct me

Yalides

Am I pretty ?
I was advised to purchase an Ipotek when I bought my property some years ago. I believe it is a protection order of some kind and I certainly had no problems with my purchase although some people have since said an Ipotek is not worth the paper it is written on. Perhaps I was just lucky.

It is in my contract that I have to pay the 3%

who do we pay the 3% tax to is it the builder or is it to the tax office?

Martyn

3% would be 900TL but there a period when it was 1% temporarily which would be 300TL

juco

It is in my contract that I have to pay the 3%

who do we pay the 3% tax to is it the builder or is it to the tax office?

Whatever the amount don`t pay it to the builder! If necessary go to the correct place for payment with him and get a receipt for payment.

mollag

Kipper restorer
The Bodrum area is now in danger of getting a rep for fraud, theft and extortion---with tacit govt approval. The list on this forum alone is huge and yet there seems to be no govt moves to stamp it out.
Does anyone here not know of a incidence of fraud/theft on the bod peninsula?

pebble

that' why the foreign community need to band together and do something as a group. when we act a inddividuals we dont have nearly the power we have a a group. storm the tapu office, then the municipality, we have a new mayor in bodrum, he was the old mayor of ortakent, he is a brilliant man, KOCADON, I DONT KNOW WHAT HIs english is like, but try to get an appt with him, with an interpreter, and explain the whole situation. the mayors are always trying to pave the way for the expat community.
good luck guys, wish i were there to take up your cause, i'd go all the way to the capital for u guys with this bone to gnaw....

bobthenob

Non Active Member
Look at it as a colony of bees working together as a single organism.They get things done perfectly,because they are united as one.One for all and all for one the Musketeers used to shout.
The people have the same behaviour if they unite as one.United we stand,divided we fall.
So,you do have a point there Pebble,where the people have far more power then the authorities once we unite as one organism.
"ok",l'm losing it again

Latest Posts

Top Bottom