zozatky

The urine Test
(This was written by a rig worker in the North Sea - What he says makes a lot of sense!)

I work, they pay me. I pay my taxes and the government distributes my taxes as it sees fit. In order to earn that pay cheque, I work on a rig for a drilling contractor. I am required to pass a random urine test for drugs and alcohol, with which I have no problem.

What I do have a problem with is the distribution of my taxes to people who don't have to pass a urine test.
Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a benefits cheque because I have to pass one to earn it for them?

Please understand that I have no problem with helping people get back on their feet. I do on the other hand have a problem with helping someone sit on their arse drinking beer and smoking dope.

Could you imagine how much money the government would save if people had to pass a urine test to get a benefit cheque?

Something has to change in the UK , and soon
your thoughts on the matter.

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
The urine Test
Another one that's being doing the rounds of the www for several years.

The original was attributed, to a Texas oil field worker and the spellings have been adjusted for the UK audience.

Last edited:

zozatky

The urine Test
Yes but like most things that are of concern in the UK we soon forget. Im bringing it back as a reminder.

The urine Test
So its a quote from an "imaginary" North Sea Oil Worker.

If the point was valid why did it not just say "North Sea Oil Workers need to pass a urine test.." instead of attributing it to a made up source? That what politicians do all the time. Its the sort of lying - or "spin" as they like to call it - that has given politicians such a bad name.

An oil rig worker takes a urine test because, I presume, they are operating heavy machinery in a dangerous enviroment. Any impairment to their abillities and judgement could lead to their death or the death of others.

Drug tests for the unemployed would be done for totally different reasons. You may think those reasons are good ones, but they have nothing to do with oil rig workers.

I have to agree the post does remind me of (unpleasant) things "that are of a concern in the UK". I don't think they are the ones it's meant to remind me of though.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom