mariaca

The Turkish army
Does anyone have any information whether the armyduty will be reduced from 15 months to 12 months in near future?
What are your thoughts on this? :)

pembelu

The Turkish army
hi
there is always a huge ammount of gossip going around on this so im unclear on facts it has been mentioned on other forums too but i cant recal where.But it depends on your personal curcumstances. If you are a Uni leaver they can get one year as an officer and i hear possibly paid and a rather good post doing something that relates to their existing skills. Most turks who we know who have done uni have got 6 months post (less if you dont take the few weeks hols inbetween) and they have been good posts and you could say a useful addition to their CVs. If those selected have certificates to show they speak English they are also normally used wisely and only do 1 yr max.For those who havent attended Uni and do not speak languages other than thier own i cant comment sorry as i havent a clue...
hope someone else can......

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
The Turkish army
There was some talk a while back on another forum about them increasing the time to be served for those without any qualifications to 2 years. Apparently this had been suggested as a means of reducing the rate at which unemployment was likely to rise during the world recession.

The Turkish army
I have also heard rumours to the effect of what KKOB said. The Turkish economy was later than the other countries in joining the recession and is going to be later in coming out of it, I have heard from reliable sources. Next year will be a tough one for the Turkish economy and lots of people are out of work now including myself:(

mariaca

The Turkish army
Thanks everyone. I haven`t heard that they consider to increase the duty, only that they consider reducing it, which I`m hoping they will....

Have tried to search the internet for more information, but not much available in English ;)

mariaca

The Turkish army
Bumping this thread up again. I heard they were discussing it in the news again, and they were talking about it for 2010.... ?

Latest Posts

Top Bottom