The spencer davis group
super bob...steve winwood is still one of my favourites..keep on running..
god how long ago was that

The spencer davis group
1967. Good record.
It was re-recorded for soundtrack of the film "Blues Brothers"
(always liked The Beach Boys myself)
Mel.

The spencer davis group
who sang something about a dancing bear..was that georgie fame...''i may go out tomorrow if i can borrow a suit to wear.....''dadada

bobthenob

Non Active Member
The spencer davis group
Boy,those were the days,when the musical revolution was at its height,bellowing out fantastic heart beat rhythms.
l remember a group called the owls,that was playing in the town where l was brought up in Canada.lt was a village hall built like a barn with sawdust on the floor,way back in the early sixties.
Can anyone remember this group,if they produced any hits and where they are now.

no-nem

The spencer davis group
Yes, I think we all enjoyed the music of our youth, and I attended nearly every Knebworth festival, and also travelled widely to see the right rock bands, (along with very long hair, beard & a spliff) however my tastes have always followed the time, and now I find this older music sort of dated and now avidly listen in the car cd to Keane, Coldplay, Arctic monkeys, Smashing Pumpkins, Greenday etc. And my Morning journey to work will quite often consist of a very loud rendering of 'American idiot' by Green day.

eastriding

The spencer davis group
Do yourself a favour and download some early Beatles tracks and play them on the way into work

blue nose

The spencer davis group
I agree with No-nem.The music of our youth was great (in my case The Jam,Sex Pistols and Aztec Camara but we should also give space to all music and at the moment I really like Kate Nash,The Kaisercheifs and Lily Allen.

bobthenob

Non Active Member
The spencer davis group
The musical revolution,that was spark off in the 60's,had a uniqued heart beating rhythm,that fuelled the mood of excitement.Even to this day the music is still being played in pubs,clubs,bars,everywhere,it prove that sort of music will never die because of what it really is[GOOD MUSIC] :music: .lt give one the power to express oneself with confidence,and gives you a sense of living to the full.
The modern bands of today copy the originals from the past,to turn it into their methods of the modern music,the music of today,l just do not like at all,the sixties,and the sixties music defiantly will never die because of the buzz of excitement it bellowed out to make you live.
The rightous brothers,how many ther bands copied their lyrics,and the kinks had many bands after that copied as well.Well,theirs the proof,it will never die. :music:

blue nose

The spencer davis group
Hi Bob

You are partially right if a little one eyed.Yes sixties music is great and Ray Davies a genuis but I think you need to broaden your horizons after all

1.The sixties were 4O years ago are you really saying that all music since then was rubbish and merely copying the sixties.What about Punk and Rap how does that copy the sixties

2.Whether you like or hate Elvis (Must say I am not greatest fan) surely that was the biggest change to popular music

3.I was not born until 1965 but I am sure there was a fair amount of rubbish music as well as great music.....Cilla Black !!!!

Try listening to other era's you may find you like some of it

Last edited:
The spencer davis group
Can you imagine what it must have been like in the 50's, when the likes of Jerry Lee Lewis, Chuck Berry, Bill Haley and Little Richard came along, when before that all you had was Big Band stuff, Al Martino and the like. It surely must of felt like punk to the public of the 1950's apart from the kids of the time. They must have loved it.

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
The spencer davis group
Mmmmmmmmmmmm .....................Glen Miller, Billy Cotton, Mantovani, James Last et al

bobthenob

Non Active Member
The spencer davis group
What l'm really saying,blue nose,is the musical revolution was kicked off in the sixties,resulting in an explosion of hit after hit of heart beating rhythm sounds,that made the sixties what it is exciting.
Their are many artist in modern times that do copy lyrics from other original artists which does prove a point that the sixties will never die,because of the uniqueness of the sounds and lyrics.
Yes the music in the sixties is 40 years,but that doesn't mean l have to follow the crowd if l don't like something,this rap music l detest,becuase of the lyrics,punk l didn't like,and most modern music l just can't make sense of it from artists like the Antarctic monkeys,the pulping pumpkins.
Their was good music in the sixties,but there was also many bands that produced music that didn't make good hearing,just like the modern music of today their are some fairly decent listening music ,but the majority of the music of today,l just can't listen to it.
l'm not a great lover of the Beatles or Elvis,and yet they were the biggest artists of their time,everyone to their own thing as long as it doesn't upset anyone,my majority love of music will definitely stay with the sixties,l love it.

colin c

The spencer davis group
whats wrong with listening to what you like , it dont matter when its from .
some one mentioned the righteous brothers , their biggest hit was a copy , unchained melody was first a hit in 1958 by jimmy young .
i mean rolf harris copied stair way to heaven and had a hit .
good music is good music , be it from the 50s, 60s, or when ever .
my taste ranges from jim reeves to 50 cent
colin

Latest Posts

Top Bottom