maggie

The season to be jolly.
As you all may know Ive escaped to Izmir to try and escape the Xmas thing.!!!!!

However Id like to take the time to wish you all my TLF friends a wonderfull Xmas.You have proved yourselves throughout the year to being some of the best bunch I have ever known.You have rallied round to help others when needed and given strengh and support to those in their hour of need.

Some of us have had a good year others have not losing a familly member or a pet or even some of their possesions.
I would like us all to remember famillies who for Xmas it may not be a wonderfull experience,maybe all over the world their are people who dread these comming few days.The lonely, the sick, and the poor.Not to forget our brave boys in the Services posted all over the World.Or even our Shirleys dear son Alan.our Pebbles brave familly their first Xmas without their Mum.

As Im now sounding a little like the Queen and her Xmas speach I think I should just wish HAPPY CHRISTMAS everyone enjoy the festivities and dont get too drunk. lol.

Love and Hugs to you all.:474cu:

Maggie xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited:

parrot

The season to be jolly.
Excellent "GRUMPY PEOPLE AT CHRISTMAS"on BBC2 last night,they had a go at everything christmasy,carol singing,the six months leading up to christmas,presents,christmas trees,cards,christmas dinner,relatives visiting over christmas in fact anything connected with christmas.It was hilarious and I tended to agree with them,ho ho ho.

Guz1

The season to be jolly.
Have a lovely time in Izmir, Maggie, and I wish you continued happiness in your Turkish home in 2010.

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
The season to be jolly.
Lovely post Maggie, hope you enjoy your escape to Izmir, lol, and All the very best of Health and Best wishes for the New Year. I can promise that I'll be Merry, but can'y promise not to drink too much.

((((((xxxx))))))

Lesley
xx

:50:

pldouglas

The season to be jolly.
Christmas and New Years Eve can be a very difficult time for those who really don't enjoy the 'festivites'. I think its something to do with feeling you MUST be jolly and be seen to be enjoying the whole business frankly the stress of constantly gritting your teeth and smiling through it makes it harder.
Its rather like being on a holiday somewhere that everyone else loves and you loathe, and the harder you try the worse it gets.
Years ago I used to get just a little bit drunk on about December 20th and made sure I stayed that way until the following January.
These days I'm old enough to care little what people think of me and I simply try to stay out of it, just smile as I hand over mince pies to the neighbours, send a few cards and grimace at the awful TV.
The thing to do is plan something really nice for early in the New Year. For me its always planning improvements to our garden and deciding on which vegetables to grow.
In fact the best Christmas present I have got myself is next years seed catalogue and a new pair of gardening gloves.
Cheers everyone, heres to a healthy and peaceful 2010 - and be kind to those of us who could happily murder any old gentleman in a red coat sporting a white beard!

sparrow

Nadine in disguise
The season to be jolly.
Oh, I'm glad I'm not the only one who is feeling bad at X-mas, I do love the period before it, when there appear trees with lights everywhere, when shops have beautifull windows..... but once I see people everywhere buying too much stuff to eat and everybody asking me "what are you doing for X-mas", the joy is over,,,

But I do wish everybody a nice Christmas, and remember it's almost over now !

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
The season to be jolly.
I have just had the most lovely surprise, I've posted before that we don't do pressies, as such as we as a close family give £50 each to charity. Well, we've done that and it's a great feeling, but when I opened my Christmas Card from my hubby tonight, there are 2 tickets to Sweden on 15th January to stay at our friends home. I am so happy, they live in the forest in Djupvik in Sweden, at leasts 15 miles from any civilisation. He has a huge land spread of shooting and needless to say, we always have Venison on the menu. I couldn't shoot the animals as they're so cute, but to eat they're delicious. So I am a happy bunny, lol. I wondered why our neighbour turned up this afternoon, when I'd seen him this a.m, my hubby had used their e mail so that it wouldn't come to ours, as we share. I cannot begin to tell you how thoughtful and a huge heart my hubby has, but he does it all so non plumb. These tickets alone have made my Christmas.

thingthong

The season to be jolly.
Lovely gesture SS,cant wait to see that the swedes make of our party girl,should we ring the major and for warn him of your arrival....................

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
The season to be jolly.
We have talkd with our friends in Sweden today, and they have had more snow, so I've told them to keep it there until we come. I can't wait to play in their snow, it is different to the UK's white stuff, it is so dry and good to make snowballs with, hehe. They live in the middle of the forest their nearest shop is 10 kms away and wild boar and deers tramp by their window often.

Tess

The season to be jolly.
Sounds idyllic Sunny, have a fabulous time, lucky little you, Enjoy!!!

arrian

R.I.P
The season to be jolly.
what a lovely surprise ss, know you'll have a fab time and some lovely photos on your return. can't wait! ( bet you can't either!!!)

pineapple1

I Love Kleopatra Beach !
The season to be jolly.
AH Well girls ...scrool over her green sugar cubes ==== She has much to be proud of ..Enjoy it Lesley ....Diane

Latest Posts

Top Bottom