Newspaper. He has been open for a week now and although going slowly
at the moment, there has been a lot of interest shown with many
quotes for his outside catering.

Hope you all enjoy it.

Yes I am a doting mum sorry about that.

Last edited by a moderator:

pebble

The Sausage King
I always knew he was destined for greatness.........

congrats Greg.....your star is shining....shine on man, shine on!!!

for all of those in ankara, (bob) go say hi to him and hoist an efes for me...........

I am so proud of greg's accompllishment, he has worked hard since he has been here, I remember goin to his mom;s house and watching the bee hive of activity........
guess it all paid off...........

CONGRATS TO YOU TOO ROSEWALL.........you did good girlfriend............

The Sausage King
Thats wonderful Jill,a great write up and you are justifiably proud of him.
He's worked hard and Turkey is a hard nut to crack for business but i'm sure he will do well in ankara and i wish him every success .

lilacdiana

lilacdiana
The Sausage King
I think it is great the Greg has acomplished so much. We had some bbq packs a couple of years ago and they were great, but the thing I dont understand is thet I keep reading that it is impossible to get a work permit in Turkey but Greg obviously has so is it that difficult? Could it be that Greg is working with pork products and most Turkish people would not?

Not trying to stir up trouble just curious!!!!

Guz1

The Sausage King
Congratulations to Greg. Just shows that hard work, perseverence and the courage to try pastures new can pay off.

Rosewall: You have good reason to be proud of him.

rosewall1

ex Bond Girl
The Sausage King
Greg had to go to the expense of setting up a Turkish company and has to employ Turkish people. It is all above board this being his adopted country he would not dream of upsetting anyone.

lilacdiana

lilacdiana
The Sausage King
Thanks for that Rosewall! I honestly was not hinting at any wrong doings!! Just that when ever people mention working out there they always get shot down in flames so it is great to hear a success story!! Well done him!! x

Peaceplant

Cat mad and unashamed
The Sausage King
I met Greg at a sausage tasting day and again at a sunday lunch and he came across as a great bloke. I liked him straightaway. I am so pleased he is grasping his new life with both hands. And that he has a new lady in his life. I wish him every success.

Having lived in Ankara myself and marrying an Ankara boy I admit I wondered how pork products would go down but Murat seems to think there is a market. When I am next at the in-laws I will go for a nosey myself - but not anytime soon :lol:

ChrisBobs

The Sausage King
Well done to Greg and to Rosewall- all that pastry ! You three all deserve it for the time effort and peristence.Read the story today and had already sent the news to some Ankara folks. Hope it grows and grows.!!
Cheers
Chris

rosewall1

ex Bond Girl
The Sausage King
Thank you everyone for your good wishes, I have passed them on to Greg and he is chuffed.
Peaceplant: There is a very large market for pork and pork products not only in Ankara, but do remember that apart from his outside catering there is the Deli/Bistro and of course there are many other products for sale other than pork.
Just look on his web site or if there is anything not there already - ask.
We are gutted that we have not yet been able to visit him but we have so many animals that only a saint would step into the breach.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom