bobthenob

Non Active Member
The Oriental hornet
1pxr9h.jpg

You will see this hornet flying around near the pools and plants now,feeding and drinking.They will not sting unless you provoke them.So the best thing to do if you do see one just leave it to do it's business and it will fly off once it consumed enough.
lf you do get stung seek medical treatment.The sting feels like you have been kicked by a donkey leaving you with a throbbing pain,which in some cases can lead to allergic reactions.
l see these flying around my garden picking off the aphids and other pests in the garden and flying off with them in their jaws to the lairs where they will be fed to the larvas.
The female is about 30mm long and the males and worker are smaller.

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
The Oriental hornet
We call them B52s.

We also get several Carpenter Bees - Xylocopa Violacea visiting the fruit trees. They've got black bodies and wings that have a violet sheen.

carpenter-bee-resting-on-my-hand.jpg

Last edited:
The Oriental hornet
They sound like mini helicoptors, they like to sit on the edge of the pool having a drink and sunning their selves.

Jan

mike dj

The Oriental hornet
I have been stung by Hornet here in Turkey and its more painfull than a kick from a donkey , my arm was numb for over 2 hours this was on a boat trip it was following the boat and just landed on my arm . So take care around these . Mike

The Oriental hornet
1pxr9h.jpg

You will see this hornet flying around near the pools and plants now,feeding and drinking.They will not sting unless you provoke them.So the best thing to do if you do see one just leave it to do it's business and it will fly off once it consumed enough.
lf you do get stung seek medical treatment.The sting feels like you have been kicked by a donkey leaving you with a throbbing pain,which in some cases can lead to allergic reactions.
l see these flying around my garden picking off the aphids and other pests in the garden and flying off with them in their jaws to the lairs where they will be fed to the larvas.
The female is about 30mm long and the males and worker are smaller.

I was stung by one of these hornets a few years ago. I was mındıng my own busıness sunbathıng and had my bıkını top on and ıt decıded to settle on the centre of my chest (between my boobs) and stung me. I thınk ıt was the most paınful stıng ever and as you say ıts lıke a kıck from a donkey and the paın spread out across my chest and down my arms and lasted for ages. Someone saıd I should have gone to the hospıtal but I thınk at the tıme I was embarrassed as to where ıt had stung me. :slapme:

Top Bottom