Martyn

The law is an ass?
I was just reading this article in the Guardian and come to the conclusion that there are a lot of people in prison that shouldn't be there and a lot free who should. This is part of the article of how labour have created more than 3000 new offences since 1997 and yet the chances of getting caught of offences other than murder seems unlikely imho.

Labour has created more than 3,000 new offences since 1997, of which 1,472 at the last count were imprisonable. You can go to jail in Britain for not having a licence for a church concert, smoking in a public place, selling a grey squirrel, trans-shipping unlicensed fish, or disobeying a health and safety inspector. In many cases a prison sentence is casually tacked on the end of a statute, like some macho cherry on a cake. Parliamentarians, judges, lawyers, prison officers all complain of overwork – but complain all the way to the bank.

In its mania for jailing people, Britain has declared trivial offences crimes | Simon Jenkins | Comment is free | The Guardian

Last edited:

pineapple1

I Love Kleopatra Beach !
The law is an ass?
Re: Then law is an ass?

Ah But it makes work and creates jobs and any empty space becomes an office ! And people in offices have expenses ...etc etc .. It also appears we have less unemployment . .. Some rooms which were for paitents in our local hospital have become offices . Because if left empty they then can't say ...sorry we haven't a bed available .. So stick a chair and a computor in it hey presto its an office . and it made the persons origanal office bigger !!! Most of these lawless people never knew these stupid laws exist . a small fine to help run the jails for the real bad guys would be much better ......Diane

parrot

The law is an ass?
Parliamentarians,judges and lawyers may be but I know you are talking through your backside by saying prison officers are laughing all the way to the bank.They are the front line of the justice system who have on a daily basis to work to contain the people,who as a last resort,have been sent to prison.

Apology to Martyn.

Last edited:

Saoirse

Top Poster Of Month
The law is an ass?
always considered it a bit of a low life job and dont kid yourself that they are all angels by any means.

Of course they have a tough time dealing with low lifes-unfortunately some of them arent massively different from their charges

Martyn

The law is an ass?
Martyn,Parliamentarians,judges and lawyers may be but I know you are talking through your backside by saying prison officers are laughing all the way to the bank.They are the front line of the justice system who have on a daily basis to work to contain the people,who as a last resort,have been sent to prison.

Parrot, it isn't me quoting it is an extract from the article not necessarily my views but you are right about prison officers. I see the lawlessness in this country and then see people imprisoned for nothing. Bottom line is community service etc doesn't work for some people so take away their liberty might work, if not it gets them away from the public for a period.

parrot

The law is an ass?
always considered it a bit of a low life job and dont kid yourself that they are all angels by any means.

Of course they have a tough time dealing with low lifes-unfortunately some of them arent massively different from their charges
I really wouldn't expect anything less from you.

Last edited:

Sara-666

The law is an ass?

I take it you've worked in a prison to come out with sh*t like that, or maybe spent time in one?????

I worked in one for 18 years before taking a career break to have my children and take great offence at what you have said.

I don't usually get involved in the bitching that goes on on here but couldn't believe my eyes at your reply.

Sara

Saoirse

Top Poster Of Month
The law is an ass?
I suggest for example you read the experiences of innocent people like the Birmingham 6 and how well they were treated in prison

Get real.

I have been clear in stating that they have to deal with some rubbish, but dont think for an instant that they always play by the rules

The law is an ass?
The biggest fraud is that statutes and acts of parliament have no legal standing under commonlaw, and, in reality, no-one is obliged to pay tax or pay a speeding ticket. Courts operate under some kind of commercial / admiralty law (hence being in 'the dock') and the 'person' charged is actually not 'you' the person but the 'legal entity'. Courts themselves are registered businesses, branch offices UK PLC, and Elizabeth Saxe-Coburg-Gotha is Chairman. However, when you give your 'name' (the one in CAPILTALS) when they address you with a bogus 'summons' (which is an INVITATION to appear at their place of business) or if you attend 'court' you have accepted their conditions and hence can be jailed. Under commonlaw, there needs to be an offence against others, witnesses, a complainant, etc., so if the 'crown' is prosecuting the queen needs to turn up and prove you did her harm by driving fast. I'm still learning about this amazing stuff, whereby, if you know your stuff (and there's a lot of stuff to learn), you do not have to comply with a single statute (and can claim money back if arrested, etc., according to your own rates for 'kidnapping'). Like I said, it's a complex area, and I am not able to explain well or either fully, but I will be brushing up on the whole deal this winter and when next in the UK with go to a notary and post notice to concerned parties that I intend to live, peacably, under common law. So from next March, anyone needing a grey squirrel, give me a buzz.

If you are curious about the whole 'act of parliament' scam and your real rights as a legal 'individual' (rather than registered 'subject' of the state), please search online for 'freeman-on-the-land).

Agree completely with Martyn. The law is just ridiculous, made by pirates to screw with people, and nothing more than a money making business for the state and the 'confinement industry' - there's money to be made locking people up.

N

Sara-666

The law is an ass?
I suggest for example you read the experiences of innocent people like the Birmingham 6 and how well they were treated in prison

Get real.

I have been clear in stating that they have to deal with some rubbish, but dont think for an instant that they always play by the rules

Get real, don't make me laugh, I don't have to read about them, I met them! Innocent, well they were let out, that's all I will say. As for dealing with some rubbish, yes I did and that was more from the people outside the prison with their small minded comments than the people that were locked up inside.

Sara

Saoirse

Top Poster Of Month
The law is an ass?
Firstly I am not a criminal,nor would have any truck with such like, bit of a sad insult to throw

Your complete ignorance of politics here in Ireland is very clear when you refer to anyone you perceive to have Republican views being a criminal! Sad but predictable

secondly address the point I made re Bham 6

pineapple1

I Love Kleopatra Beach !
The law is an ass?
Sarah 666 May i just say i think your job be difficult to do and thankless from those inside and not much more from those outside . It takes a special kind of person to cope with the bad language the snide remarks and the risks of doing that kind of job .
I agree with your comment about Birmingham 6 Thier out .. !! but thank you for having helped make our streets a safer place . ......Diane

Saoirse

Top Poster Of Month
The law is an ass?
lol!

Its back to the old "believe everything your told by establishment" stuff!

No cops are crooked, no screws abuse prisoners, no judges wrongly convict etc!

LOL! I would love to live in this naive never-never land

Martyn

The law is an ass?
Birmingham 6, OJ Simpson the list goes on........there are more people walking the streets through 'unsafe evidence' than there are locked up i'm sure of it.:mad:

Saoirse

Top Poster Of Month
The law is an ass?
havent a clue what your point is

Brum 6, Guildford 4 etc totally innocent locked up for years and abused. Fact

Defend it?

Saoirse

Top Poster Of Month
The law is an ass?
well my point is these people be they judges, screws, cops etc have good and bad amongst them too. None of them are saints

There just seems to be such a naive unquestioning gullible readiness by some on here to think that all establishment figures are good guys!

They are not.
Good, very good and rubbish are amongst them just like all walks of life

parrot

The law is an ass?
Firstly I am not a criminal,nor would have any truck with such like, bit of a sad insult to throw

You are obviously reading something I never wrote! maybe you are trying to read my mind?

Your complete ignorance of politics here in Ireland is very clear

ANSWER----That's how I prefer it.The struggle is over,made me laugh how there was a conflict between republicans and the crown but they were more than willing to take U.K. currency for many varying reasons with the queens head on it.

when you refer to anyone you perceive to have Republican views being a criminal! Sad but predictable

ANSWER----Are you saying they weren't involved in criminality eg shootings,bombings,protection rackets and latterly drugs.
At the risk of repeating myself your Republican slip is showing.

secondly address the point I made re Bham 6 ANSWER----??????
If you mean the Birmingham 6 weren't their convictions found to be unsafe rather than innocent,a big difference.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom