Status
Not open for further replies.

35pluschips

Top Poster Of Month
The funeral
Do you realise that the Queen, as the monarch, could have over- ridden the Covid rules in any way she wanted as she is above the law. (Relatives not exempt)
Respect to her that she chose to abide and made sure all the others did likewise to lead an example.
Meanwhile in all major cities and towns the Covid rules were broken by the invincible non vaccinated Muppets!!

I said weeks ago that it’ll be the citizens who will beat this virus, that’s if they’re willing to try and beat it.
Doesn’t matter what rules & regs a Government lays down, it’s still down to the citizens.

Maisie

The funeral
I watched the funeral. I feel so sorry for the Queen. It was heart breaking to see her sitting on her own. But she is such a strong lady and whilst she has her family around her, she is mindful of the promise she made to this country in 1953, and will carry on with her royal duties and engagements, albeit by herself.

I can't really say that I know how she feels, but on some level I do. She and her husband were married for 73 years and although Dave and I were married for only 52 years, the feelings of grief and loss are the same.

She has lived her whole life in the public eye and, in my opinion, she was generous in allowing the rest of the world to see her husband laid to rest. She could have decided to have a totally private funeral, but as referred to frequently over the last week or so, she had the Duke's plan for his funeral and carried out his final wishes with the world watching.

Maisie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom