Status
Not open for further replies.

35pluschips

Top Poster Of Month
The funeral
Been in the garden most of the day but glimpses at the TV shows that the Duke of Edinburgh got the type of send off he deserved.
R.I.P.

Saoirse

The funeral
Well if you missed the live coverage today they are re running highlights again on Beeb 2 later- I kid you not

Saoirse

The funeral
I am pretty certain I did not post anyone was obliged to watch it.

You must have misread my posting

Saoirse

The funeral
I was merely making IA aware of this evenings schedule

IA had expressed more interest in watching football so I simply was informing him that in true MOTD style -Beeb 2 would be showing the funeral edited highlights later

35pluschips

Top Poster Of Month
The funeral
I was merely making IA aware of this evenings schedule

IA had expressed more interest in watching football so I simply was informing him that in true MOTD style -Beeb 2 would be showing the funeral edited highlights later
Like hell you was...........your usual anti British cr@p sticks out like a sore thumb. I'm surprised you haven't shut this thread down like you did the other one.

Saoirse

The funeral
Oh come come old chap that's frightfully unfair

I most definitely supported posters who rightly said the elderly man deserved a dignified send off

uller

The funeral
Well, people, I watched it, every last bit, and it was lovely. There was magnificent music, lots of marching, great pageantry. No opinion on the Royal Family, but they are an excuse for a great show.
I also watch the Russian Christmas Eve service from Moscow, all gold and candles and wonderful music, like opera. Football just doesn’t do it for me.

Mushroom

The funeral
I bet the wake will be a barrel of laughs?
I can imagine pretend Admiral paedo Andy knocking out some belting songs

Last edited:

Camden

The funeral
I think he was entitled to a bit of a leeway post from a Non Royalist after seeing so many flip remarks made...

Not many of us will depart this earth knowing they have left such an enduring legacy, with such an Inspirational Youth Scheme. The Scheme has touched and shaped lives of over 6 million youths, from over 140 Countries, who have taken part.

The Inspiration and set up, was The Duke of Edinburgh's and praised for its inclusivity The Schem has allowed millions from low income, disabled and ethnic backgrounds , life shaping opportunities, normally denied to them, The scheme has encouraged them on a journey of personal discovery , self reliance and responsibility.... .

In this Celebrity worshipping Society a breath of fresh air to see wholesome youth scheme. .The Man was Human, seen by many as out of step in an enlightened modern world with his old and dated language, now seen as offensive, a dinosaur with a sense of duty .... but what an enduring legacy ....RIP

images.jpg

example below

Myah Richards, 21, from St Albans, who has cerebral palsy and spastic diplegia, said that achieving a Bronze Award three years ago was “life changing” in breaking the barriers of perception around her disability and gave her the confidence to enrol on a college course.

Myah, who also has Tourette’s Syndrome and visual impairment meaning she has no peripheral vision, completed her Bronze Duke of Edinburgh Award programme while at Lonsdale School in Stevenage.
She said: “Because of The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award I’m now on a mainstream college course, studying Health and Social Care and that’s all down to The DofE; it’s built up my confidence.

Before that I was doing special needs courses, so it’s been life-changing and life enhancing. “It gives you the ability, rather than looking at disability all the time, and helps you see what your capabilities are and what you can achieve in the future. You realise you’re an equal and it builds up your confidence to say to people “I’m disabled but I can do this”.

Jenny Coles, Director of Children’s Services at Hertfordshire County Council said: “The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award has been a part of Hertfordshire County Council’s contribution to enhancing the lives and life chances of our young people since the early 1970s. “This fantastic legacy from the Duke of Edinburgh will continue to offer life-changing and inclusive opportunities to young people from diverse backgrounds, equipping them with independence, essential life skills, camaraderie and a chance to contribute to their communities.”
-

Last edited:

35pluschips

Top Poster Of Month
The funeral
I reckon after 73 years of marriage she was probably oblivious to anything or anyone around her.
One of those sad occasions where you just want to go home, close the door and reflect.

Akasya

Postless Pointer
The funeral
Personal opinion , a private funeral , with a memorium service once restrictions had been lifted for the country to pay respects .
Steve

Mushroom

The funeral
Do you realise that the Queen, as the monarch, could have over- ridden the Covid rules in any way she wanted as she is above the law. (Relatives not exempt)
Respect to her that she chose to abide and made sure all the others did likewise to lead an example.
Meanwhile in all major cities and towns the Covid rules were broken by the invincible non vaccinated Muppets!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom