Camden

The EU going forward
What can I do if two desperate Pedants don't won't to accept, the actual author of the post's explanation ? in what he was responding to.... nothing it seems.:cautious:

A pity they hadn't been as with me, that bit more sceptical, on the undelivered promises, given to them by their Brexit leaders...:ROFLMAO:

Camden said
I was answering on the vote in relation Chasey's post to you ...

Last edited:

Jaycey

African Refugee
The EU going forward
Voice of America.jpg

Is Poland About to Quit the European Union?

European Union officials have warned that the bloc "is at risk of collapse" unless it challenges a ruling by Poland's top court over the supremacy of EU law, which is seen as a central pillar of European integration.,,

The EU going forward
View attachment 24313

Is Poland About to Quit the European Union?

European Union officials have warned that the bloc "is at risk of collapse" unless it challenges a ruling by Poland's top court over the supremacy of EU law, which is seen as a central pillar of European integration.,,

I don’t think they are myself, nor can they get kicked out from what I’ve read.
Options are financial penalties and voting rights removed.
France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Denmark etc have all challenged the EU in the past. The latest being Germany.

I think Tusk is saying that for his own political advancement in Poland.

Camden

The EU going forward
The PSI Polish Government might not be in power in the next elections if the July local elections are anything to go by, at present they are not solely in power but in a coalition .. The Majority of the Poles aren't stupid and are Pro European ....hence the Pro-EU protests being held across 100 Polish cities and with tens of thousands out in Warsaw

The EU going forward
The PSI Polish Government might not be in power in the next elections if the July local elections are anything to go by, at present they are not solely in power but in a coalition .. The Majority of the Poles aren't stupid and are Pro European ....hence the Pro-EU protests being held across 100 Polish cities and with tens of thousands out in Warsaw
But who is it that’s saying the Poles will/want to leave? Not the Government.

Camden

The EU going forward
France just like Poland are not talking about leaving the EU. They are though making the same rumblings over Sovereignty.

With the French Presidential elections in the offing a normal politicians reaction, in an effort to gain extra support and broaden their base by stealing votes from the "Right" ... means nothing...the French like to show they are out of step from the crowd ,will come to nothing on election.

"The strong criticism of the EU and calls for France to assert its national sovereignty have come not just from the usual suspects on the far right but from presidential hopefuls who are part of the country’s political mainstream.!

Last edited:
The EU going forward
With the French Presidential elections in the offing a normal politicians reaction, in an effort to gain extra support and broaden their base by stealing votes from the "Right" ... means nothing...the French like to show they are out of step from the crowd ,will come to nothing on election.

"The strong criticism of the EU and calls for France to assert its national sovereignty have come not just from the usual suspects on the far right but from presidential hopefuls who are part of the country’s political mainstream.!
"from presidential hopefuls who are part of the country’s political mainstream.!"

Exactly.

Tenpin

The Yorkshireman
The EU going forward

EU accused of greenwashing football’s oil and gas sponsors​

Extract:
Campaigners call the EU-UEFA campaign a “massive own goal” for the Commission.

On Tuesday night, the EU’s new climate advertisement will air during televised football games involving clubs owned by petrostates Qatar and Abu Dhabi, in a competition sponsored by Russian gas company Gazprom.

The campaign asking people to think about what they can do to combat climate change was launched with European footballing body UEFA on Monday and tweeted by European Commission President Ursula von der Leyen. But Pascoe Sabido from Corporate Europe Observatory called it a “massive own goal” for the EU.

Andrew Simms, co-director of the New Weather Institute who authored a recent study on fossil fuel advertising in sport, called it “jaw-dropping.”

Tenpin

The Yorkshireman
The EU going forward

Polish PM accuses EU of blackmail as row over rule of law escalates​

Extract:
Polish Prime Minister Mateusz Morawiecki has accused the EU of blackmail in a heated debate with European Commission chief Ursula von der Leyen over the rule of law.
The clash in the European Parliament follows a top Polish court ruling that rejected key parts of EU law.
Mrs von der Leyen said she would act to prevent Poland undermining EU values.
In response, Mr Morawiecki rejected "the language of threats" and accused the EU of overstepping its powers.

The EU going forward

Polish PM accuses EU of blackmail as row over rule of law escalates​

Extract:
Polish Prime Minister Mateusz Morawiecki has accused the EU of blackmail in a heated debate with European Commission chief Ursula von der Leyen over the rule of law.
The clash in the European Parliament follows a top Polish court ruling that rejected key parts of EU law.
Mrs von der Leyen said she would act to prevent Poland undermining EU values.
In response, Mr Morawiecki rejected "the language of threats" and accused the EU of overstepping its powers.
Of course its blackmail but dare the EU implement withholding Covid recovery funding?
I'm sure I read/heard that one of the issues that the EU are not happy about is, Polish Judges having their immunity removed. since when do Judges have immunity?

Latest Posts

Top Bottom