The EU going forward
As normal when confronted with facts or a question . A Chips, obfuscation and/or deflection.

You posed the question of “don’t you understand English”? I answered.

Let the EU kick Poland & Hungary out of the club (a) if they even dare (b) even if they even can.

Camden

The EU going forward
You posed the question of “don’t you understand English”? I answered.

Let the EU kick Poland & Hungary out of the club (a) if they even dare (b) even if they even can.

So you only answer selective questions and pretend you don't understand ones you can't answer.... I suppose it could be classed as being obtuse...

The EU going forward
So you only answer selective questions and pretend you don't understand ones you can't answer.... I suppose it could be classed as being obtuse...

Class it how you like & guess what? I will answer what I like and when I like.
In the meantime, go and brush up on your own English 😂

The EU going forward
Not only selective in answering ... but answering your own questions .....I suppose in doing that you get no disagreements then ? Ha ha :ROFLMAO:

Am I being charged with anything, do I need to phone my solicitor?

Orban to hold a referendum......the EU must be happy letting Hungarians decide for themselves 😝

Tenpin

The Yorkshireman
The EU going forward

Polish justice minister says Warsaw cannot comply with EU's court ruling​

Extract:
Poland’s justice minister said on Wednesday it was not possible to comply with a ruling by the top European Union court that the country’s new system for disciplining judges broke EU law and should be suspended.

The minister, Zbigniew Ziobro, said the EU court’s ruling that Poland should suspend its Supreme Court disciplinary chamber was “illegal in the light of Polish and European law”.

In remarks to a conference, Ziobro indicated the ruling was against Poland’s constitution.

“In Poland, there is a constitution and the principle of legalism. Based on these principles, there is no possibility of implementation of the rulings by the court in Luxembourg,” Ziobro said.

The EU going forward

Polish justice minister says Warsaw cannot comply with EU's court ruling​

Extract:
Poland’s justice minister said on Wednesday it was not possible to comply with a ruling by the top European Union court that the country’s new system for disciplining judges broke EU law and should be suspended.

The minister, Zbigniew Ziobro, said the EU court’s ruling that Poland should suspend its Supreme Court disciplinary chamber was “illegal in the light of Polish and European law”.

In remarks to a conference, Ziobro indicated the ruling was against Poland’s constitution.

“In Poland, there is a constitution and the principle of legalism. Based on these principles, there is no possibility of implementation of the rulings by the court in Luxembourg,” Ziobro said.
Be it Brexit or other ongoing issues & disputes within the EU itself, people are starting to see how this club rolls. Folks want THEIR say on what goes on in THEIR countries.
Its been stated numerous times the EU Law has primacy over national laws, the likes of Poland, Hungary, Germany etc dispute aspects of that.
Treaties, agreements, contracts are how the sides reads & interprets them, that's why there are Courts of Law..........to dispute the meanings. The EUs attitude is, we are not bothered what your courts say, ours take precedence, that's becoming more and more the case.

Camden

The EU going forward
Which is why you will wait in line for your vaccines until we decide who gets it first, if ever. . . simples.

Why? Every member is a Soverign state they can decide to join the EU vaccine program, or do what we did and opt out of the EU program whilst we were full members

I know Brexit supporters get all moist around the gusset at our (UK) victory over vaccinations, but its a pretty hollow boast. We had the right even as full members to opt out and we did. It was a success. Had the EU program been a success and we hadn't opted in, it would have likely brought down the govt. It didn't, we are smug about it but given the govts failure on so many covid issues that has resulted in the UK being one of if not the WORST covid country in the EU, doesent it beg the question was it luck or judgement

Kanga

The EU going forward
Clause 28 was about what children should be taught in schools, our values & traditions etc.
It was specifically about sex education, enacted in the Thatcher years.

Enacted on 24 May 1988, the amendment stated that a local authority "shall not intentionally promote homosexuality or publish material with the intention of promoting homosexuality" or "promote the teaching in any maintained school of the acceptability of homosexuality as a pretended family relationship".

Section 28 - Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org › wiki › Section_28

Camden

The EU going forward
You would be hard pressed to find a recent British law more controversial and more reviled than section 28 of the Local Government Act 1988.

The vaguely worded law prohibited local authorities and schools from “promoting” homosexuality and prevented councils from funding much-needed lesbian and gay initiatives. At a time when gay people were struggling to cope with the Aids epidemic, it was a callous attempt to suppress an already marginalised group.

For Conservative politicians, section 28 was an easy, short-term win. It was an obvious populist gambit to solidify support among the 75% of the population who thought that homosexual activity was “always or mostly wrong”. What section 28’s supporters failed to foresee was that it would inspire one of the most rapidly successful civil rights movements in modern British history.

I think Cameron apologised for it on behalf of the Tories....

The EU going forward
Many of us (including me) don’t know all the in & outs of the EU. What I see more and more are disputes that now get traction with the media and online platforms. A few years back they wouldn’t have even got three lines in the Racing Post.
People of all ages and stripes are more on the ball, they/we can check something out in seconds.
I’m a fella who is all for referendums, I’m also a fella who believes that results should be respected........regardless.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom