Mushroom

The death of Jeremy Beadle
Following yesterdays news announcing the sudden death of Jeremy Beadle, it has apparently been announced that there will be television coverage of his funeral and cremation. The title will be " YOU'VE BEEN FLAMED !"

v6cod

Living in Okcular
Jeremy Beadle suffered with Poland Syndrome then kidney cancer then leukemia and finally died of pneumonia.

You could say he wasn't dealt a good hand.

parrot

Mushroom said:
Following yesterdays news announcing the sudden death of Jeremy Beadle, it has apparently been announced that there will be television coverage of his funeral and cremation. The title will be " YOU'VE BEEN FLAMED !"
Never had much time for his shows,but apparantly his heart was solid gold,he done so much for charity,some publicised much more not.

v6cod

Living in Okcular
Jeremy Beadles last wish was that his ashes be spread over his garden.

ITV sources say he could be back in early autumn with "Watch Out Beadles a Sprout"

Martyn

Not a favourite of mine and I know a few jokes about him but I think this is not the time.

Saoirse

Its strange that a the difference between tragedy , and humour can simply be time.

I would imagine just after the Titanic went down, or similar event, it was considered tasteless to laugh about it then, but now its ok.

ukizook

There were rumours going around that he had a MASSIVE penis.

But on the other hand?

ceemac

Shake It Baby...
I think these types of jokes are for personal consumption ie word of mouth or text messages.

I don't think they're appropriate on a public forum as you can easily cause hurt, and the little smilie face beside 'The death of Jeremy Beadle' shows a total lack of thought, but that's only my opinion.

C

Last edited:

ukizook

I dont see any harm, and if telling a joke about a dead person was the worst thing we ever did what a wonderful world it would be.
Only my opinion.

Mushroom

Massive penis ! Didn't like him before, certainly don't now, its called jealousy !!
I am informed though that at the reception there was only going to be small finger buffet !
And yes we do have a laugh at often inappropriate times - but I somehow don't think that someone with his track record would be upset !

Saoirse

But IS he dead?

Or on the day of the funeral will he jump up with his "god ya should have seen your faces!" routine.

ceemac

Shake It Baby...
"I dont see any harm, and if telling a joke about a dead person was the worst thing we ever did what a wonderful world it would be."

If you'd read my post and understood it, you'd notice that I didn't say there was any harm in telling jokes of this nature - it's where they're told that I commented negatively on.

I certainly wouldn't like to read some distasteful remarks about a very recently deceased member of my family on a public forum - I might even be seeking the views of my solicitor if that were the case!!

C

v6cod

Living in Okcular
Ceemac for someone who must have a sense of humour as you have an avatar of george bush intimating that he has his thumb up his arse. I think you are coming across as a bit holier than thou even if you don't mean to.

As in every thread on this forum you do not have to read them, so once you see the vein in which the thread starts just steer clear of it if it offends you.

ceemac

Shake It Baby...
"Ceemac for someone who must have a sense of humour as you have an avatar of george bush intimating that he has his thumb up his arse. I think you are coming across as a bit holier than thou even if you don't mean to.

As in every thread on this forum you do not have to read them, so once you see the vein in which the thread starts just steer clear of it if it offends you."

A couple of points ;

George Bush hasn't died in the last couple of days otherwise I wouldn't (no matter what I think of him), have that avatar displayed.

Nowhere have I said I was offended by the Beadle jokes

And lastly, if I want advice from anyone on what I should and should not read, I'll send them a pm asking for it.....

C

Mushroom

Ceemac,

I think that on this one we may have to agree to disagree.

Seeing as he obviously wasn't one of your family members it shouldn't upset you - but if it does- your opinion has been noted and my response seeing as I started this post - tough !

Deceased members of Jeremy Beadle's family reading this forum and considering legal action (not !)
What next, the CIA bombing your house because of your avatar ?

Latest Posts

Top Bottom