Peregrine

The comeback kings?
well, what a result!

at half time I was really despondent, expecting that Benitez character to be crowing

but then the news came on "United thrash Tottenham" YES, YES, YES what a result 5-2

that has got to seal the league

staceman

LFC fan & proud of it
The comeback kings?
what can i say another good result for united just seems a shame they have to kickstart their game with an outrages decision by the ref (sure i saw his united top untuck from his shorts when he gave the penalty. )although i suppose it saved playing ten minutes injury time. :dooh:

Last edited:

ceemac

Shake It Baby...
The comeback kings?
what can i say another good result for united just seems a shame they have to kickstart their game with an outrages decision by the ref (sure i saw his united top untuck from his shorts when he gave the penalty. )although i suppose it saved playing ten minutes injury time. :dooh:

From what I saw they won by three clear goals of which the penalty was only the first of the five they scored. After conceding that one Spurs should have played a little more cannily and certainly not have conceded another two in the next 10 minutes.

The penalty really made no difference as Man Utd were a different side in the second half as were Spurs - the roles were basically reversed.

You will never get a fair opinion in football as everyone is biased - the referees in my opinion are by far the least biased and make split second decisions, whilst the rest of us criticise or support his decision depending on which team we want to see win.

C

staceman

LFC fan & proud of it
The comeback kings?
Derrrrrrrrrrrrrr of course im biast Im a Liverpool fan. But if you were watching the same game as me surley you saw that the game changed after the poor penalty decision, even the commontators couldt believe that supposedly the best ref in the league gave such a poor decision & then booked him. Its getting to the point that golies cant make a fair challeng. (especially at Old Trafford lol). This was definatly the turning point in the game!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Changes the players mind set.

bodhorn

The comeback kings?
i guess the penalty decisions was on fergies side this time.
remember the one not given against portsmouth in the fa cup last year (never heard rednap say to much about that 1) and the one not given against everton last week.
swings and round abouts !!!!!!

ceemac

Shake It Baby...
The comeback kings?
Derrrrrrrrrrrrrr of course im biast Im a Liverpool fan. But if you were watching the same game as me surley you saw that the game changed after the poor penalty decision, even the commontators couldt believe that supposedly the best ref in the league gave such a poor decision & then booked him. Its getting to the point that golies cant make a fair challeng. (especially at Old Trafford lol). This was definatly the turning point in the game!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Changes the players mind set.

Calm down, calm down

:hehe::hehe:

C

ceemac

Shake It Baby...
The comeback kings?
I'm a fan of football, period, as they say in North America.

In my opinion, Liverpool have done enough to deserve the title this year in terms of entertainment and beating the other top teams.

Where they have got this form from is mystifying though as on paper they just haven't got enough 'firepower', but they're banging them in.

Mind you, I notice that the goal differnce is now only two

C

wiuru

The comeback kings?
????????? the aim of the game is to win by putting the ball in the ole onion bag !! As a totally unashamed United supporter i could not care less if the Ref made a bad decision it was up to Spurs to press home their advantage , they didn't .

With regards to the league, United have not been a shadow of the team they were last season. If we win it again this season ! What does that say about everyone else ...

Marty

Leo

The comeback kings?
Chuffin Great stuff. Yep, we started like we had already won - then wondered what hit us. But the introduction of our little 'Argie' the tenacity of Ronaldo and the sheers guts, determination and vision of Rooney -surely the best player this year.... put paid to the misgivings of a dreary first half and the pretentious thoughts of the cockney's - Ha

This title is rightly fully going to the Red half of Manchester - for the 3rd year running! Let's face it, for consistency, drive, vision and ability there are none who can close on anything more than the odd game of brilliance.

The one I am a little more concerned about is the Champions league semi. As 'Arsey' said yesterday, a cup tie is a one-off affair, where even a poor team can spring a suprize. So, let's hope the Arsey Gooooners don't bring anything more than their usual tedium, limited aspiraion and managers poor eye sight to the party.

Leo.

Martyn

The comeback kings?
????????? the aim of the game is to win by putting the ball in the ole onion bag !! As a totally unashamed United supporter i could not care less if the Ref made a bad decision it was up to Spurs to press home their advantage , they didn't .

With regards to the league, United have not been a shadow of the team they were last season. If we win it again this season ! What does that say about everyone else ...

Marty

It says we/they are worse, best team wins the league generally.

Guz1

The comeback kings?
I only saw part of the second half of yesterday's match (watching on TV just isn't the same as being at the match). I have been told by people who were at the match that United didn't play badly in the first half, at least not badly enough to be afraid they were in for a hammering - there just wasn't enough urgency in their play. They said that right from the start of the second half things were completely different, even before the penalty decision. They said that United played some magical football.

I agree with Leo that Rooney should get player of the year....for such a skillful player he gives his all for the 90 minutes in every match. I'm a bit nervous about the Champions' League because I'm not all that impressed by Carrick or Fletcher but the Reds should be ok provided Giggs and Scholes are fit.

The Reds need to bring in one or two world class midfielders for next season because Giggs and Scholes are nearing pension age. I won't be sorry if Fergie lets Berbatov go.

peter the postie

Wer'e not really here
The comeback kings?
I hate to say this but... Respect to u.. u.. No I can't say the full thing, but you know what I mean. Well done.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom